Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Engine Performance Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/290-bolt-engine-performance-modifications)
-   -   Best Programmer/Tune chip (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/290-bolt-engine-performance-modifications/373860-best-programmer-tune-chip.html)

Black_panda 07-22-2018 06:01 PM

Best Programmer/Tune chip

I’ve been wanting to get a chip or tuner for my civic and just want to get everyone’s opinions on which brand is the best for the civic. I’ve been looking at ones from RaceChip USA but I don’t know if these are any good or if they work. I’ve got the 2018 Civc hatchback sport CVT

xRiCeBoYx 07-22-2018 06:28 PM

Re: Best Programmer/Tune chip

Ktuner or hondata. Hands down.

I personally plan on getting ktuner v1.2 myself, though the v2 (same as v1.2 but ibcludes 7" touchscreen tablet interface) is the same price as hondata's tuning unit. I dont personally care for the tablet, hence my decision.

GolNat 07-22-2018 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4748216)

Agree!! These are the only options in my opinion.

Black_panda 07-22-2018 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4748216)

I personally plan on getting ktuner v1.2 myself, though the v2 (same as v1.2 but ibcludes 7" touchscreen tablet interface) is the same price as hondata's tuning unit. I dont personally care for the tablet, hence my decision.

So with the v1.2 Ktuner everything is changed from your phone right? Or laptop or something

xRiCeBoYx 07-22-2018 10:20 PM

Laptop. They have an app that you can use to monitor stuff, but not change anything. V2's tablet you can change tunes with

Black_panda 07-23-2018 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4748239)
Laptop. They have an app that you can use to monitor stuff, but not change anything. V2's tablet you can change tunes with

all right thanks you’ve defiantly given me a starting point, I’ll look into it and see how easy it is to use and what I can get out of it

xRiCeBoYx 07-23-2018 01:53 AM

Pretty much plug in, flash ecu. From start to finish, you're looking at 5-10 minutes

I'm in the same boat you are: Sport hatch with CVT. From my research, you can safely and reliably run the +6 PSI tune. Even ktuner's "base" 16.5PSI tune is an increase over stock. I got me a bluetooth OBD reader (that uses the Torque App) as my boost gauge. Highest I've been able to record (reading manifold pressure) was 9.4psi.

My buddy with a '16 ex-t says that his boost gauge reads 16.5psi, but that's merely calculated as opposed to actual boost pressure.

That's kinda the downside to our torque/engine load based boost demand system. You're likely to not get that 16.5psi Honda promised us. lol

ducebigalow 12-06-2018 12:48 PM

Warranty would be void if you do one of these tuners, correct?

ezone 12-06-2018 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by ducebigalow (Post 4755002)
Warranty would be void if you do one of these tuners, correct?

Yes.