North East Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Window tinters in Worcester???

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002
The Greatest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fern is an unknown quantity at this point
Window tinters in Worcester???

What are some good places with good prices in the Worcester area for window tinting? I cant really seem to find any. Thanks a lot. By the way, did any of you go see Vanilla Ice play at Jillian's(worcester). That was some pretty funny $hit.
Old 09-19-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, there are a bunch of places out in Boston if you dont mind the drive. Cost around $200 or so. I dont know any around Worcester though. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-19-2002
Registered!!

sovereign82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Tints in Manchester CT....About a 1hour drive...they did my car and did nice work.

Matt
Old 09-19-2002
Registered!!

RSX XTC is an unknown quantity at this point
no idea about Worcester , but i went to a place in Dracut called N.E. auto glass. / N.E. auto Sound. $145 for my whole car 15 % tint. and ive never had a problem , i can get you a number if you want
Old 09-19-2002
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Mostly all of the car stereo places in Worcester do tinting also. The is sound sensation, sun and sound, rayco, and a ton of others in the area, although I have no idea if they are good or they suck. Just look in the phone book and ask to see a car they are working on first before you do it.
Old 09-20-2002
The Greatest

Wow, $145 is a good price. Maybe Ill hit up that place. Im debating what tint shade to get. Its gonna be black, none of that fade garbage. Just not sure of the percentage. I want them kinda light but not too light. But not too dark. thats confusing.
Old 09-21-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
You can also DIY. That's what I did. I think that a little time and patience produce superior results. I compared my work with so called "professional" tint jobs and mine is either the same or slightly better. I'm re-doing two of my windows to get a perfect tint job though. I want it to be super-clean.
Old 09-24-2002
Registered!!

RSX XTC is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah dude im pretty sure about the price but ask grey and D and other that have seen my car my tint its dark and a dam good job, havent had no probs in 2 yrs

Edit check out my member ride section and see for yourself.old pics but still same tint
Old 09-25-2002
The Greatest

Hey, can you get me the number for that N.E. Auto Glass place in Dracut. Mine's a sedan, how much more do you think i'll have to pay?
Old 09-25-2002
DIY King

[hr]Originally posted by: IncaCivic2001
yeah dude im pretty sure about the price but ask grey and D and other that have seen my car my tint its dark and a dam good job, havent had no probs in 2 yrs[hr]
Well... I didn't want to say anything, but your tint is not a "damned good job". You should see other people's tint jobs. They're better. Sorry, but it's true... Especially the back. You don't cover the outside with a pin strike! Never! Plus they did it in several sections, right?
Old 09-25-2002
The Greatest

cover what with what????
Old 09-25-2002
Reppin' "Custom Concepts"

noname is an unknown quantity at this point
my tints for my back windshield sucks!
Old 09-25-2002
Reppin' "Custom Concepts"

noname is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Grey
You can also DIY. That's what I did. I think that a little time and patience produce superior results. I compared my work with so called "professional" tint jobs and mine is either the same or slightly better. I'm re-doing two of my windows to get a perfect tint job though. I want it to be super-clean.[hr]

hey, I need my driver side and passenger side redone,
you should hook mines up too!!!
Old 09-25-2002
DIY King

Hehe, no problem. Just come to one of the install fests and if I can I'll help you with DIY tint. I do a perfect job BTW, unlike any "professional" tint place.
Old 10-05-2002
Registered!!

windowtint is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Grey
Hehe, no problem. Just come to one of the install fests and if I can I'll help you with DIY tint. I do a perfect job BTW, unlike any "professional" tint place.[hr]
ROFLLMAO!!!!

a perfect job huh..... there's no such thing. No matter how hard you try, there will be at least one dust fleck SOMEWHERE... there will be at least some white edging SOMEWHERE on defrosters and borders....

~~try working 12 hours a day in 100+F, 100% humidity before lumping all "professional tint places" together... and don't forget to get each and every car done and show car quality in less than 90 minutes
Old 10-05-2002
DIY King

Well okay. There might be certain imperfections. It's just that the imperfections that turn out from my work are minimal. If you take a hundred cars in some random parking lot and you look at their tint you'll find...

- a ton of them with that crappy purple tint
- a ton of them with big *** bubbles
- a ton of them with smaller bubbles
- many of them with multi-piece rear window tint
- many of them with the white edging (there are solutions for this)
- some of them with a ad-hoc solution for that white edging (small strips of the darkest tint on the outside for example)
- some of them with tint that doesn't go all the way to the edge of the window
- some with two layers of tint (installer got lazy when customer aske for darker tint)

The list goes on and on. The point is that if you've only got 90 minutes to get a car done to show car quality, then you're screwed. There's just no way, even if you've had lots of experience. When someone does their own tint they have much longer to get it right. For example, I had the time to take out my side windows before tinting. It allowed me to get the tint on all the way to all the edges.
Old 10-06-2002
The Greatest

sooooooooo ummm you wanna tint my sedan
Old 10-06-2002
DIY King

Who? Me, or Mr. windowtint? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

If it's me, then sure! Well, actually... I'm kinda busy. Depends on when you'de like to get it done. I'm sure we'de do a good job though...
Old 10-07-2002
Registered!!

windowtint is an unknown quantity at this point
in response to the below qoute... actually.. I do that every day... but on much harder cars... 90 minutes is more than suffice to tint 90% of all cars ~so, you're far from screwed, so yeah, "Way". If a seasoned tinter spends 90 minutes on a new civic... he's draggin' his ***. ~~ and anything less than "show qaulity" is never acceptable. Either make it as perfect as it can possibly be... or get a new job [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

The list goes on and on. The point is that if you've only got 90 minutes to get a car done to show car quality, then you're screwed. There's just no way, even if you've had lots of experience. When someone does their own tint they have much longer to get it right. For example, I had the time to take out my side windows before tinting. It allowed me to get the tint on all the way to all the edges.
Old 10-10-2002
The Greatest

Yea grey, you. Have you done any. I just want to get a light sahde of tint. how much would you want?
Old 10-10-2002
DIY King

We can do the legal limit (35%). It's very light. At night it's fine, but at first you'll think it's kinda dark. In the daytime it's unnoticeable. in the sunllight you'll wish you had gotten a darker tint. 35% is as dark as we can go though, so...

Yeah, I've done some. My own and my sister's. I have all of the tools we need. It depends on what kind of tint you'de like to go with, but I'de get the best stuff possible. It costs about $60, but it's very nice. Kinda metallic from the outside, so even though it's only 35% you can't see inside of it like some other tints.

If you'de like me to help you out, then I guess I could do that for $75. It would take us three visits though. Once to do the small side windows and the front windshield strip (we can use a darker tint for that if you'de like, it's legal to do so). Another to do the large side windows. Then one more to do the rear windshield. We could do a DIY as we go too for other people who are interested in DIYing their own tint.

You will be very happy with the results. The edges of the windows are razored so that when you roll them down you can't tell that there is tint on the window. The black dots around the windows are glued so that no white edging appears. The rear windshield is one piece so that there are no lines. There will be virtually nothing under the tint (no lint, no dust, etc.) if we try to keep a very clean environment.

You would need to wash your car before you came over to my house (or we could wash it at my house if you'de like) and you would have to clean the interior. If you don't then we could get contaminents under the tint and there will be tiny bubbles. The cleaner we have it the better. I will have to clean my garage before each visit to comply with this rule as well.

Do you see how good this tint will be? Let me know...
Old 10-11-2002
The Greatest

It sounds good to me, wouldn't it be extrememly time consuming for you though??
Old 10-11-2002
DIY King

Yeah, but why are you worried about that? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
It's okay though, as long as I can make $75 and make a DIY then I would be happy.
Old 10-12-2002
The Greatest

Well you know what I mean, that's probably like 3 weekends in a row, but if thats fine with you, than its okay with me. The only weekend I know for a fact that I wont be around is the weekend after halloween(NOV 1-3) because we're goin up to montreal for the weekend. But anyway, yea 35% is probably good, I just want something light. But wanyway. What else should I do with cleaning, should i use anything on the windows, etc.. Also, the material is good right? Like it wont turn purple like that cheap walmart/pep boys stuff right? Well anyway, I gotta go take the bumper and lights off my car now, Im putting the lights and grill back to stock.
Old 10-13-2002
DIY King

Back to stock; why? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Yeah, the stuff I have is top notch. I have 35% and 20 something %. The 20 something % we can use for the front window strip.

There's nothing else that you have to do to the windows. Just make sure they're clean. We'll clean them off totally when we take them out anyway, so no worries... All other windows we'll clean anyway. Just make sure the car is clean overall. Especially from the outside. Well, the inside too actually.

When do you want to schedule the first visit? Let's set a date...
Old 10-13-2002
The Greatest

Well not totally back to stock. I just got rid of the eyelids and altezza grill. I got bored of it. I may try putting a coupe grill on it instead sometime in the near future. I'm debating whether or not i'm gonna have the strip across the windshield. My friend's have those in their cars but it annoys me sometimes cause it goes down so far. I think if i do that, maybe a smaller one or something. But anyway, yea I'll get it all cleaned up. I'm home in NJ for the weekend now, I'm gonna be back up at school tommorow. I'd be free next weekend (i think) to start the windows on the back doors. Let me know. You're in Westboro right? MY siste lives right off of westboro road in upton so im pretty familiar with that area.
Old 10-13-2002
DIY King

Actually, I'm from Shrewsbury. It's basically Worcester. Hey, do you have a sedan? I didn't realize. I thought that you had a coupe... Not a big difference I guess, although I haven't done a sedan yet.
Old 10-13-2002
The Greatest

Yea mine's a sedan. Black 2002 EX. So if we do this, how much $ ? The $75 + 60 or what?
Old 10-13-2002
DIY King

Yep. That works for me. I already have the tint too... Let me know if you like this tint. I bought it from Autowindowtintings.com Look for "ULTRA FULL METAL TINT". That's the kind I bought. 37% Plus a 14% for the windshield strip.