Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues & Fix-It If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

remote start

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
svt4888 is an unknown quantity at this point
remote start

Been to my Honda dealer about concerns about the remote start. Found that it will not run for the 20 minutes like the owners manual states, if you remote start it like it says. What ever time you start it the second time it will only run 10 minutes after the first start. If you let it run say 5 minutes it will only run 15 minutes. You can not do it twice for the 20 minutes it will only run for 10 minutes and you can not do it again.
If you start it once and let it run 10 minutes and let it shut off you can remote start it one more time. This is the answer that they has got from Honda tech support.
Honda has made a very inconvenience remote start. Hoping that Honda can reprogram the remote start, will have to wait and see. The Honda accessory remote start on my old Honda was a better system. You could do it twice for 20 minutes right away.
Any one been to there Honda dealer and got a better answer.
Old 12-30-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: remote start

I'm impressed you liked the add-on remote start from Honda. Most people hate it because they are used to aftermarket units.

The only thing I can think of is with Hondas add-on remote start system, they only let the car run 20 minutes max then they made you wait another 20 before it would let you remote start the car again (internal timer)....BUT after shutting the car off you could open the drivers door and that timer would reset back to zero, allowing you to use the remote start again. (had to do this while demoing the system with every new owner)

Maybe after you reach its time limit, opening and closing the drivers door would allow yours to remote start again?

Any user adjustable settings would be found in the settings menus on the radio display. The rest is designed in by the engineers , probably with much input from lawyers and bean counters.
The 20 minute max run time is a safety feature, I think it's explained in the add-ons instructions as a measure to avoid killing the user (closed garage, CO/CO2 poisoning)....but I don't remember it being mentioned at all in the 16-17 owners manuals.