10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

I am a broke student who seriously needs help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
veeale is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy I am a broke student who seriously needs help.

Today I accidentally rear'd a 2014 Honda Civic. I live in Brampton (Greater Toronto Area) if that helps in any way.

Below, is a link I have attached A PICTURE of the two small dents I made to his car (They're at the bottom).

My question is... can ANYONE tell me an estimate of some sort of how much this would cost to fix??? PLEASE!
Old 11-01-2016
Registered!!

Re: I am a broke student who seriously needs help.

You gotta click the image twice to see the full picture!!!!
Old 11-01-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it can buff out. Maybe the plastic bumper cover can be repaired. MAybe the cover needs replaced and painted to match.

Let your insurance company handle it. That's why you are supposed to have insurance
Old 11-01-2016
Registered!!

Definitely cannot let my insurance company handle it, as my payment to my insurance will surely go up!! And its sadly already expensive.
Old 11-01-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You positive your rates will go up, or just scared because everyone says they can? Have you asked your insurance agent if this is true, and find out what may or may not actually happen IRL?

If there are only marks and no dents dimples or waves, see a detail shop to see if the marks can be rubbed/buffed out.

If there are actual dents of any sort in the plastic......Take the car to a reputable body shop and let them handle it in a professional manner.
Pay the body shop for their services. Say thank you and all that.

As an amateur, you surely don't want to try to DIY on someone elses body and paint work and have the owner not be happy and get the police and insurance involved.

BTW any responsible car should notify their own insurance company to let them know you hit their car, so it is on record, and their insurance company can come after you if your insurance company (or YOU) don't handle it correctly.
Old 11-01-2016
Registered!!

thank you for dropping this knowledge sir!
Old 11-01-2016

Maaaybe the car owner would be OK with a used bumper cover from a recycle yard provided the color is an exact match and there are no blemishes, but unblemished may be hard to find in a recycle yard especially on something that new.

If a decent used bumper cover can be found, that would probably cut expense and time and it's a fairly straghtforward part swap, more or less.

NOTE the original part has the cars VIN number attached to it, and if it is visible the owner may notice the label on the used part does not match.

------------------------------------------------

I usually defer body and paint work to the pros who do it best. If you know one or have any in the family, call and ask their opinions.

I do primarily mechanical and electrical work....I know I should not be allowed to ever mess with bodywork and paint, unless it's a simple bolt-on part.

Anyone can paint with a spray can and get something covered in mostly one color, but GOOD paint work takes a talent few people have. Car paint is not a simple spray can affair.

The guys who can take a flat panel and turn it into something that reflects a perfect image with mirror-like finish have my respect.
Old 11-01-2016
Registered!!

hey y'all can I get some more responses just as this gentlemen did orrr nah
Old 11-02-2016
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

He has gone above & beyond IMO.......

Not sure what else could be said besides what he stated.
Old 11-02-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

he said all.
Old 11-02-2016

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
he said all.
One more thing.....

Originally Posted by veeale
orrr nah
This makes your English teachers weep.