Mid West Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

honda dealerships in chicago that will do installs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AR will become famous soon enough
Question honda dealerships in chicago that will do installs.

i am looking for a honda dealership in the chicago area that is willing to put mods on my car (ie tcs exhaust, aem cai and so on). are they cool, they wont void my warrent on anything will they? give me some info (phone number, location, etc). thanks for the help.
Old 03-22-2003
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dunno why you would want to take the stuff to a dealer for install. They are just going to anally rape you with their labor charges for the installations, plus they wont warranty the parts or anything just because they installed them. Simple stuff like intake and exhhaust are easy to do yourself if you have a friend to help.

Took me like 30 minutes to install an Injen CAI (slightly more difficult than AEM CAI to install) and i did it by myself. Could have installed my TCS exhaust myself but i was feelin lazy and the local shop here was open, only charged like 40 bucks to install, took them about 35 minutes total, and i shopped around in their storefront while i waited and talked with a few people and stuff so to me it was worth the money to just let them do it. Otherwise i could have easily saved 40 bucks by doing it myself in my driveway in probably an hour.

If its just basic bolt ons there are plenty of us in the area that can help out, just make the right offer (some pizza and da drinks.....) or offer some sort of cash compensation for their work.
Old 03-22-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
yeah i know what you mean. but i have heard alot from previous posts about people taking their rides to honda shops for work. that way they know who to point the finger at if car trouble occurs.
Old 03-22-2003
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
There is also the issue of maintaining the Honda warrenty. It depends on the dealership of course.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant remember the name of the dealer, but it is located on 95th street in Chicago Ridge, not only do they sell, but also install aftermarket parts. I would suggest the dealer I go to, but I have a side deal with the service manager.
Old 03-24-2003
Registered!!

misio4 is an unknown quantity at this point
All the dealers in the western suburbs are a$$es. LaGrange, Naperville, Joliet. Don't go there service BAD. At least from my experience.
Old 04-01-2003
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually Honda of Lisle lets me mod the **** out of my car and I have never had any problems so far in getting warranty work done on the vehicle. Even when my throttle body cracked and I had my intake on, the mechanic ust took it off and said he didn't think it was the cause so they did it under the warranty.