Mid West Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Detroit: New forum for '03

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
right, the pro-kit. well jeff told me i could get sweet deals but Rob is liking working with a jew!
Old 01-07-2003
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
lol [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

I am serious. Jeff tells me I can get these awesome deals then I go in and talk to Rob and it is like dealing with them jewlers at the Trade Center. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] I have to go in and talk to Jeff. He is always gone by the time I get there though.
Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

PlatnumBomb is an unknown quantity at this point
210 u say?...that seems a little more than I wanna spend...I was hopin for 175 or less for springs...
Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

You and me both Platnum. I talked to Mike (Yoko) a few minutes ago and he told me to bypass Rob and talk to Jeff. But now I am thinking GC's cause I am affraid the pro-kit will be too high and the sportlines will be too low....and the GC's got high ranking over on xceedspeed.
Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

hmm...I dunno...How much do the GC's run then???...Maybe I should just keep my dropzones...You said you've been happy with them...
Old 01-07-2003
Tomotor

im switching to use GC coils. on tornactive you can use the 7thgen5off coupon code to get 5% discount.
Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: PlatnumBomb
hmm...I dunno...How much do the GC's run then???...Maybe I should just keep my dropzones...You said you've been happy with them...[hr]
Yeah, I like them. The only thing I don't like is that if you don't keep them clean you will have a hard time busting them loose to adjust them. But hell, if you are only going an inch then you won't have to adjust them back up in the winter.

Edgar: Help us out here....How do you like your GC's?
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

Ok, I saw this guy at Flexivity with a 2001 Civic. It was black, chrome license plate frame, stock look except tint, some superstreet decals on the rear quarter glass, 2 door. He was in there saying he could not figure out how to install his Injen cai. I tried to give him advice and told hime the front bumper needs to come off. Well, he acted like he did not want my advice so I just said fockit. I saw him on Eureka out by the mall last night. He has a gauge pod with indiglo gauges in it. I did not like that. It seems that the indiglo would be so bright it would get on my nerves shining in my face. Anyway, has anyone seen this guy?

Starting to see a lot more 2001+'s in the area. Cool
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

I see tons of 7thgens up here...Only seen a few that have mods...

And of course...all the females asked daddy to get them the EX's w/spoilers...lol
Old 01-08-2003
Tomotor

ive also seen a black 7gen.. had black altezzas (not the tyc like i do) and some fart can and some tint. drivin by some highschool kid.. i saw him at tacobell went i went in there a few nites ago.. saw him checkin out my car, but i didnt have time to talk to him. i need to print out some 7gencivic.com business cards
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

I see a red one around a lot and this silver one down my street. The other day I saw this one on Fort street. It was black with a body kit. Really a nice car. But it had stock wheels on it. Wait, it was Edgar [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

I can not wait to start having meets again. I miss our Flexivity meets. Then when the HIRCC crew comes it is free entertainment. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-08-2003
Tomotor

theres a red civic with altezzas, cleared headlights, and a huge CIVIC sticker on his back window. he goes to my school.. nice kid, but i see him being a ricer

yea i miss the flex meets. HIRCC is more than entertainment.. i just cant stop laughing at them [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] HIRCC? as long as you drive a neon/cavalier/or some other ricer car, and you got LED ****, you're in. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] and bryan is the biggest moron ever! and bobby gave his number to him ::snicker::
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

Bryan aint all that bad, he just annoys the h3ll out of you to join that club. That one time those thug wanna bes showed up too. I don't want to be in a club with a bunch of wiggers and mullets. The one guy in the silver neon is pretty decent, I talked to him a lot at the xceed bbq.

OK GUYS!!!!!!!: Lets do it! Lets have a winter get together somewhere. Or we can all hit up a kart 2 kart indoor karting even with xceed one day soon. OR lets think of another place to meet. Any ideas?
Old 01-08-2003
Tomotor

hmmm, we could have a lil get together when me n edgar swap our exhausts.. or uhh, go somewhere to catch a bite to eat? i actually have money, lots of it, this time, so money is finally not an option
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: xHoteKx
hmmm, we could have a lil get together when me n edgar swap our exhausts.. or uhh, go somewhere to catch a bite to eat? i actually have money, lots of it, this time, so money is finally not an option [hr]
Yeah, I wanna be there when you two mullets swap exhaust. Hope it goes better than my hatch fiasco.

Old 01-08-2003
Tomotor

[hr]Originally posted by: bobbyd
[hr]Originally posted by: xHoteKx
hmmm, we could have a lil get together when me n edgar swap our exhausts.. or uhh, go somewhere to catch a bite to eat? i actually have money, lots of it, this time, so money is finally not an option [hr]
Yeah, I wanna be there when you two mullets swap exhaust. Hope it goes better than my hatch fiasco.[hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] now thats wat i call a pain in the ***! i still gotta wait for my cat/downpipe to come in, and then i gotta talk to edgar to setup a time/day to do it. we can do it in my garage since i have a semi-heated 2 car garage.. i'll just kick my moms car out in the driveway til were done
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

Cool, I am there dude. I just hope I don't get jacked by some Grosse Ile mullet on the way over. You live off of Church right?
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

wanna put my coilovers on that day??? lol![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

STYLIN2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point
the ground controls are good it the the stock shocks i dont care if you go eith the GC's you can get away with just getting the rear koni's thats where all the bottom out comes from dont have any bproblem with my front struts which is cool because you wont have to rebuild your fronts for you's that are going with GC's and im sure it'll work with the dropzone or anyother coilovers this is what i recomend

front: GC coilover with factory struts
rear: GC coilovers with rear koni yellows
spc or ingalls camber kit if you have 17" or under wheels other wise you'll be setting like this /==\
buying just the rear shocks should save you money and a headache

I will be selling my Gc's this year they are 2 years old i'll be getting the tiens hopefully next month or so
Old 01-08-2003
Tomotor

im just gonna buy front and back konis with the GC's.. just to keep it all the same. i think after i buy the GCs, konis, and camber kit, it came a lil over a grand. not too shabby. i wanted the teins, but it doesnt drop enough. it only lowers to 1.5", or so i've heard. edgar, if you want to lower more with full coilovers, get the B+G coilovers. here, if the special is still going on, they have it on sale for $1050+shipping($28). 1078 shipped on those would be a killer steal.

Edgar: if my package gets here by friday, we could swap our exahaust on sunday. i gotta work saturday from 4, so that wont work.. so if sunday works for you, works for me..
Old 01-09-2003
Registered!!

Oh i like those! good looking out im going to have to look into them hopefully they'll still have them on sale when imready to buy
Old 01-09-2003
Tomotor

massive update: i am RICH! RICH! RICH! $1050 in my wallet right now. so now, i could get either a)tein ss b)B+G full coils c)Ground Control coilovers+koni yellow i just dont know which to get.. im leanin more towards tein or GC. i heard that B+G makes noise in the front, so i duno..

Edgar: i dont know if i can swap exhaust sunday (thats if you could) cuz i might have to goto work. im gonna make up some BS excuse and try to get out of it..
Old 01-09-2003
Registered!!

I work sunday so i cant make it ground controls make a squeeking noise also especially when it real cold good luck on your choice what ever your choice is they are all good ones but iwould consider on going with the full coilover system because there is more work involved with the koni's you'll hve to rebuild your frunt struts which will probably be a headache im liking the B&G's because the come in aneutral color as the tiens come green.
Old 01-09-2003
Tomotor

im goin with tein ss. i measured my wheelgap and its 1.75" all around, so the 2" drop would be perfect for me. wat day would be good for you to do it edgar? just gimme a few days and i'll see if i have to work one of those days.
Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

hircc02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys from michigan let me know if you go to flexivity ,cause i get discount i'll see what i do for you guys,if you dont already get it.
Old 01-12-2003
Tomotor

[hr]Originally posted by: hircc02civic
You guys from michigan let me know if you go to flexivity ,cause i get discount i'll see what i do for you guys,if you dont already get it.[hr]
man, we havnt met over at flex in such a long time.. but i usually dont buy stuff there unless its general car stuff like bulbs n whatnot. i usually just buy online.
Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

I wish I lived close to u fool down there...would be alot easier to meet up...
Old 01-13-2003
Registered!!

Yeah Platnum, move closer!

I think most of us get a pretty decent discount from Flexivity. I have to go there this week and get a muffler for my hatch.

Tomo, what size pipe you running? I am thinking of running custom 2.25" from the silencer back.
Old 01-13-2003
Registered!!

hircc02civic You are on xceed right? I am 2001civicex over there.