Mid West Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Test: 02 Coupe w/ built K20A2 project FS

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civiclxracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Test: 02 Coupe w/ built K20A2 project FS

So I'm probably never going to finish this damn thing. With a freezing garage and regular 60+ work weeks wrenching on planes leaves me little motivation to wrench on my project. Unless I can get the big stuff gone (Engine, transmission, wheels) for a decent price I won't part out the car, I'd like to first sell the project as a whole. Specs below, let me know what you guys want and willing to pay if I did part out.

Chassis is in decent shape and hasn't had any major collisions. Body has about 55k on it. Body could use some attention. I had plans to paint but it's too time consuming. Major items: Rear bumper is new unpainted, and passenger door has a 12 inch crease/dent. Some other dents but it's a good project for someone who has time.

K20A2: with 9.0:1 Wiseco pistons, and Brian crower stage 2 cams. Was built by a reputable shop while I was in Germany. It ran fine while I was trying to street tune to ship it back. Broke an axle before it was tuned. But it runs and felt very strong. Before I built the motor car ran 14.2 with a horrible 200lb driver, and that was with the vtec not engaging due(since been fixed)
Also has a spoon upgraded throttle body. (Forget what size it's been on a while). Dc sports ceramic header if you want it with engine. Mugen baffled oil pan. All mounts to go into an EM2 from hasport. They are the first version. Been in since late 04. Still look good, and the urethane is still good. Very tight. Also has a Hondata K-Pro. Engine has less than 20k on it total, and about 50 miles after rebuild.

Transmission is a 6 speed with quiafe lsd (just installed 0 miles). This has just been apart to clean out the axle debris and install lsd. I also am putting an 07 case on it run the vss for an s2000 gauge cluster I was going to install. ClutchMasters FX400 Clutch Stage 4 with probably under 50 (light) miles on it.

Wheels are OZ ultraleggera's on BFgoodrich t/a kdw (been sitting over a year though, don't know how good they are. I do roll the car every so often and reinflate to prevent flat spots.) It has extended wheel studs. When I put those in I also replaced the wheel bearings.

Has minor performance suspension items but a set of tein adjustable coilovers is on there. Adjustable camber, and adjustable toe bolts.

Walbro 255 fuel pump. Powerslot big brake kit with I believe ebc yellow pads.
Defi link meter control unit with Water temp gauge, and an AEM UEGO gauge.

As you can see I was trying to slowly build it up but don't have the time to finish it. The parts alone are worth more than what I'm asking so I don't feel it's unreasonable. Looking for someone to take the whole project for $5k. I'm willing to meet up to 500 miles away. I left a lot of details out that are best described over the phone. Also, there are more mods I'm forgetting. I will gladly send pictures to anyone interested. Pm me if your interested. Also, I'm located near Minot, ND.

Last edited by civiclxracer; 11-29-2011 at 08:37 PM.