Bolt-on Engine Performance Modifications Intake, header, exhaust, flywheel, pulley and other bolt on information and questions belong here.

Aftermarket Header With Stock ECU and O2 Sensor??

Old 08-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThatDSeriesKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket Header With Stock ECU and O2 Sensor??

Can I run a aftermarket header on my 96 Civic EX Coupe with a stock ECU and a O2 Sensor? I might even install a test pipe if it doesn't affect my mixture reading.
Thx
Old 08-27-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aftermarket Header With Stock ECU and O2 Sensor??

Can I run a aftermarket header on my 96 Civic EX Coupe with a stock ECU and a O2 Sensor?
Yes. Usually.
Old 08-27-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Yes. Usually.
so it won't limit my power? Or give me a false reading? My CEL is already on so Idc about that.
Thx
Old 08-27-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

My CEL is already on so Idc about that.
Why is that?
Old 08-27-2017
Registered!!

Heat sending unit
Old 08-27-2017

Originally Posted by ThatDSeriesKid
Heat sending unit
A whut?
Old 08-27-2017
Registered!!

A whut?
some people call it a temperature sending unit. It's bad so my light stays on, haven't bothered changing it yet
Old 08-27-2017

some people call it a temperature sending unit. It's bad so my light stays on, haven't bothered changing it yet
So you don't care about the engine running correctly in the first place, but you want to slap on a header?

Reference: running at all ≠ running good

Old 08-27-2017
Registered!!

So you don't care about the engine running correctly in the first place, but you want to slap on a header?

Reference: running at all ≠ running good

Like, literally it runs fine, no misfiring, no power loss, no overheating, I don't think it's all the way gone yet.
Old 08-27-2017

Like, literally it runs fine, no misfiring, no power loss, no overheating, I don't think it's all the way gone yet.
That's because the ECM can substitute a backup value for a failed ECT just so the engine can stay running. That doesn't mean it runs like it should.

running at all running good

Fix the ECT code ($25ish for a sensor, have you even bothered to check it out?) and it will probably gain you more performance and driveability (and gas mileage) than any bolt on "performance" junk.
Old 08-27-2017
Registered!!

That's because the ECM can substitute a backup value for a failed ECT just so the engine can stay running. That doesn't mean it runs like it should.

running at all running good

Fix the ECT code ($25ish for a sensor, have you even bothered to check it out?) and it will probably gain you more performance and driveability (and gas mileage) than any bolt on "performance" junk.
it's a coming, it's a coming. Sooo. Your not a fan of performance headers? I have scanned it on my friends scanner (as far as checking it out physically...no" I'll probably fix that when I do my header install tbh.
Old 08-27-2017

as far as checking it out physically...no
So... for all you know it could just be unplugged. SMH

Your not a fan of performance headers?
I'm a big fan of keeping a car running the way it's supposed to run.

"Performance" depends on your definition of "performance".
Old 08-27-2017
Registered!!

So... for all you know it could just be unplugged. SMH

I'm a big fan of keeping a car running the way it's supposed to run.

"Performance" depends on your definition of "performance".
as being one who does his own repairs because I am mechanically inclined. There are no unplugged wires, sensors, or harnesses. I looked over my engine thoroughly, and there was nothing unplugged, or any wires with cut coating exposing bare wire. What I mean by performance, is actual performance parts, not that eBay crap that is like $120, DC Sports, Apexi, Greddy, etc
Old 08-28-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Well if you care about "actual" performance then a header is going to do **** all besides look better than the stock manifold

Search this Thread