Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

JET Performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
JET Performance upgrades

I recently sent an email to the JET Performance Products staff asking about the availability of upgrades for our car...here's their response:

[hr]We do have an ecu upgrade available for your application. The ecu upgrade does require that the factory ecu be sent to us for modification. You must purchase the upgrade package before sending the ecu to us for the modification.

Suggested retail is $299.00, and the part number is 65001. The ecu upgrades are all done per the application, in other words, do all the modifications you intend on doing before you get the ecu upgraded. That way the program can be set up for the specific modifications.Hp gains would be dependant on the extent of modifications.

We do have a V-Force unit available for your application. The V-Force box would mount under the dash and you would route the wiring out under the hood. You will have to tap into the TPS wire and splice the MAP or MAF wire, depending on the application. The V-Force will gain an average of 8-10 hp on most applications. Suggested retail is $259.95 .

The difference between the v-force and the ecu upgrade is that the v-force would be for mild modifications, air intake, or exhaust. The more modifications you do, the more beneficial the ecu upgrade would be as they are all programmed per the specific application and the modifications that have been done.

-----Original Message-----
To: techsupport@jetchip.com <techsupport@jetchip.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 12:19 AM
Subject: Performance upgrades for 2k1 Civic?

Hello All,

I would like to know if there's a JET computer upgrade available for the 2001 Honda Civic EX 5-spd w/ the VTEC-E D17 engine?

Also, are there any other JET performance upgrades available for this car?

You feedback is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Alex B
[hr]
So there you have it. If anyone is considering an ECU upgrade, be sure to perform all other mods (i/h/e, cams, cam gear, pulleys, ignition, etc) before sending in your ECU.
I for one am going to do this in the near future...just have to save up the required $$$.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-04-2002
Registered!!

viciousvolpe is an unknown quantity at this point
im doin it after i get all my engine mods done and ready fro a turbo..maybe even after turbo
Old 07-04-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I've got the VENOM VCN-400 performance control module. It hooks up to the TPS and MAP sensors just like the JET v-force. I don't know if it gave me 8-10 horse, but I can feel it when it kicks in. Its kinda nice at higher RPM's.
Old 07-04-2002
Registered!!

Numinous001 is an unknown quantity at this point
I checked out Jet's site but couldnt really figure out exactlky what the ecu upgrade does. Is it similar to the S-AFC by Apexi or does it do something else besides re-map your fuel settings?
-Numinous
Old 07-04-2002
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
when someone does this, they're gonna see nice gains. our ecus are programmed for ULEV so they completely suck. i would say jhonda should do this after installing the gude package.
Old 07-04-2002
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
i nkow what im spending my money on