Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

AEM or ICEMAN Intake??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
AEM or ICEMAN Intake??

I'm a newbie to the game and can't make the decision between the two. From experience, which one is better all around (mostly hp that I'm worried about)? Also, how good is DC sports dual cannister exhaust?
Old 07-03-2002
APS
Registered!!

APS is an unknown quantity at this point
Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! Search damn you!!! .............................

Death to newbies!!!! Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!Death to newbies!!!!
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
in before the lock or before you get flamed like you wouldn't believe, you should really do a search, you'll get so much info, just type in
"intake" or "DC TCS"

but anyways, i would say neither for both, iceman is chessy and AEM too expensive, go for Injen but thats my opinion, and for DC TCS if your looking for quiet and perfomance, this is it, but its expneisve
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome Noob!!!..IBTL....From experience, which one is better all around (mostly hp that I'm worried about)? ....People care about HP???....j/k....

We should have Topic that covers questions not to ask if your a noob.......1st posts are [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-03-2002
--< GripSpeed Member >--

iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
hey wassup mang..1st i'd like to say welcome to the board...2nd i;d like to say that if you performed a search you would probablly find out wut u were lookin for...but to answer your question...all the intakes out right now are pretty much the same performance wise...so just get the one u think looks best or sounds the best
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
aem is good . go for what looks good intakes really don't do much on our cars.
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

Highflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Roger that! I'm going to do some indepth research for these parts. Could you recommend a good website to find all this information or is it just hit and miss?
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Highflyer
Roger that! I'm going to do some indepth research for these parts. Could you recommend a good website to find all this information or is it just hit and miss?[hr]

Have you yet to use the search feature on OUR site??????? Its not REsearch if haven't even started...

CLICK HERE TO BEGIN YOUR SEARCH
Old 07-03-2002
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
DEFINETELY AEM... or INJEN. ptuning.com or tornactive.com
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

PRCIVIC2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
AEM all the way.
Old 07-03-2002
Type-Race
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
Aem Cai recommended and in B4 lock...
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

ironcow is on a distinguished road
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

Civey is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to fourm noob. My suggestion is get your 35 posts quick and then you wont have this problem. Second dont ask stupid questions, and next AEM is the best. Its the most bang for your buck, dont get me wrong injen is a close second but looks also make the car. AEM has a nicer finish and wont get messed up in the enigine bay. Go AEM, Im Civey and I own Street Concpets so if there is anything you are after hit me up at mrbig34567@aol.com or PM me. Remeber, get those posts!!!! pronto
Old 07-03-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
y dont you go with INJEN CAI . i have it on. works good and less price than other models.
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
Injen Race Division is Good..
Aem is good..
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

Toretto is an unknown quantity at this point
hey id get the iceman intake cuz it wont heat up like
the aem and the injen intakes cuz there made out of metal,
iceman is areoplastic, better performance, hope this helps...

Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
hightflyer- buy an intake for looks not performance. no intake will give that dramatic of a gain. $200 for 2 hp? i have 2 civics. mine with bolt ons and my girlfriends= bone stock. both man trans ex's . the only mod that gave me a difference in acceleration over her car was a short shifter. exhaust and headers and intake look and sound fast. they don't do much of anything for performance for what you'll pay.
Old 07-04-2002
The Greatest

Fern is an unknown quantity at this point
I know everyone always says search, blah blah blah. but half the time that feature A.) doesnt work AT ALL, or B.) Brings up the randomest results you could think of with no relevence whatsoever. Soooooo...... everyone could repeatedly waste space telling these people to search and tearing into them, or just give a simple answer and be doen with it.
Old 07-06-2002
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Fern
I know everyone always says search, blah blah blah. but half the time that feature A.) doesnt work AT ALL, or B.) Brings up the randomest results you could think of with no relevence whatsoever. Soooooo...... everyone could repeatedly waste space telling these people to search and tearing into them, or just give a simple answer and be doen with it.[hr]
fern, dude, you are right on...the search feature sucks! I searched for iceman intakes and this thread was a result of the search with only 2 others...so when all the dudes start whining to search search search they should go search themselves for a hot poker stick to ram up their as*![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-06-2002
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: djlunatic
hightflyer- buy an intake for looks not performance. no intake will give that dramatic of a gain. $200 for 2 hp? i have 2 civics. mine with bolt ons and my girlfriends= bone stock. both man trans ex's . the only mod that gave me a difference in acceleration over her car was a short shifter. exhaust and headers and intake look and sound fast. they don't do much of anything for performance for what you'll pay.[hr]
thanks for the info dude, now this kind of info helps us out bro! I use this info to keep me away from ever getting an intake or cat-back...stay cool bro...and for you others that put the dude down for asking the question go look for that red hot poker!
Old 07-06-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a generic intake, copied off AEM. I stuck a Injen air filter on it and ceramic coated the inside of the pipe. Works good, sounds great. My CAI was 70 shipped, vs. the 195 for AEM, and the Injen filter was only another 20. The ceramic coating was $3.

BTW my members ride pic shows a SRI. It's accurate. My cold air extension is sitting in my room along with the Injen filter.
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

prometheus is an unknown quantity at this point
wut up bro, i've read all the technical B.S. about the different CAI's but no one can tell me what sounds the best. got an opinion? lata