Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Engine performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rolyc77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine performance

Hi. I wanted to do some performance to my car and I have a couple of questions...
Old 11-12-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Engine performance

Questions like....

If you have a 7th gen everything you could ever need to know is on this forum just about
Old 11-12-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Questions like....

If you have a 7th gen everything you could ever need to know is on this forum just about
First time I own a civic. I wanted to know if it's ok to put headers, cold air intake, intake, throttle body etc... On this engine. And possibly a turbo kit without really going into the engine... I would appreciate the feedback back. Thanx in advanced...
Old 11-12-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rolyc77
First time I own a civic. I wanted to know if it's ok to put headers, cold air intake, intake, throttle body etc... On this engine.
You can but just a waste of money if kept naturally aspirated. Won't add much (if any) power gains.

Originally Posted by Rolyc77
And possibly a turbo kit without really going into the engine... I would appreciate the feedback back. Thanx in advanced.
You can but do research and keep psi low: https://www.google.com/search?source....0.zyoUa_c0jJs
Old 11-13-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Stock engine can handle 8psi of boost. Some members have gone up to 10psi, but that's really pushing it. You'd better have a bulletproof tune.

That said, if you go turbo, your tune will make or break your setup. Crap tune, and you'll be replacing head gaskets or engines sooner than later.

Best bang-for-buck engine mod you can get for the D17 is a crower stage 1 cam. You'll get more response from bolt on mods (intake/header/exhaust) and you'll get more power from the one mod than any other engine mod.

Suspension mods is another place you'll get great value for your money. Go with reputable brands that have done their R&D. There are companies out there (most notably Raceland) that some people have gotten great results from their highly affordable coilover systems, but there have also been a fair share of people out there that have suffered catastrophic failure from the same. Budget brands like that is like playing Russian Roulette. You may get lucky or things can go south real fast.
Old 11-13-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Stock engine can handle 8psi of boost. Some members have gone up to 10psi, but that's really pushing it. You'd better have a bulletproof tune.

That said, if you go turbo, your tune will make or break your setup. Crap tune, and you'll be replacing head gaskets or engines sooner than later.

Best bang-for-buck engine mod you can get for the D17 is a crower stage 1 cam. You'll get more response from bolt on mods (intake/header/exhaust) and you'll get more power from the one mod than any other engine mod.

Suspension mods is another place you'll get great value for your money. Go with reputable brands that have done their R&D. There are companies out there (most notably Raceland) that some people have gotten great results from their highly affordable coilover systems, but there have also been a fair share of people out there that have suffered catastrophic failure from the same. Budget brands like that is like playing Russian Roulette. You may get lucky or things can go south real fast.
Thanks a lot for your reply. It's been real helpful. I'll probably go that route, swapping the cam and adding the bolt one. This is my daily driver and I just want to have some fun and wake it up a bit... I'll leave the turbo out of it. I don't wanna get into the crazy running and stuff... Lol!!! Once again thanks I really appreciate it man...
Old 11-13-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Question:
Which model?
The crower cam is for the EX engine only.
Old 11-14-2017
Registered!!

Yes, it's an ex coupe...
Old 11-14-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Then, cam it! with a "m", not "n" pun intended
Old 11-15-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

J-swap FTW
Old 11-15-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

K20/24 Franken swap