Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

2002 EX Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JC86 is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 EX Honda Civic

Hi. I'm new to the forums and recently trade my old 96' Accord for a 2002 Civic EX with a lovely vtec inside.

I would love some help.

I want to buy a Short Ram AEM. But I wonder if it will affect my engine in the long run? Would it allow too much air thus some moisture into the engine? Is it safe? Which one do you guys recommend? If any at all? Better Short Ram AEM then Air Intake I am assuming correct? Also Where can I purchase one? I would love to find a reliable site where I could buy not only parts but stuff for the car...Say I want to change the look and color of my Gauges..Which I do! Anyways I forgot to mention my 02' Civic EX is a manual ofc 184k miles on it. Timing belt changed. got to re-open it again since stupid seals were put wrong..has a very small leak.. no sweat thought. OEM seals, plus valve cover seals. Do you guys think spending the money on OEM Spark plugs is worth it? Or high end from regular auto part store suffice? Thank you.
Old 05-06-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2002 EX Honda Civic

Originally Posted by JC86
Do you guys think spending the money on OEM Spark plugs is worth it? Or high end from regular auto part store suffice? Thank you.
i would consider the OEM NGKs to be high end
Old 05-06-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Do you guys think spending the money on OEM Spark plugs is worth it?
Correct parts are cheap. Wrong parts can be expensive.

NGK PZFR6F-11
or
DENSO PKJ20CR-M11
Old 06-15-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M00n3at3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I shed some light on the whole cold air short ram thing? I know everyone runs around saying they add so much more power, but they don't. In order to notice anything you need at least a 10% gain in power. Short rams and cold air won't give you that, I will say it may let your car breathe better which may help. I have an 04 EX so we have the same engine, unless yours is an automatic, mines stick. I simply modded the stock intake. If you look at your engine you can see the intake it is in 3 sections. A small tube leading to a big air box to the air filter box. I removed the first 2 sections and it breathes and runs so sweet. I did the same to a friend of mines 02 auto and it sounded great and ran a little fast. I will say this, when I had a puralater filter in it sounded louder, I now have a k&n in only because it is reusable. This will add whatever effect a CA or SR will add, but it's free. And when I say loud I don't mean like no exhaust loud, just a nice pur.