Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

mugen twin loop

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01cvc will become famous soon enough
mugen twin loop

not sure if this is the right place to post but i jsut decided to get a mugen twin loop. iwas going to get a cat back, but this one just ran past me and im not sure if i should just buy the muffler or not. im kind of a noob at these things
Old 05-17-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: mugen twin loop

hell yea that thing sounds perfect ill buy it from you how much do they want??????
Old 05-17-2009
Registered!!

thenewdiabolic is an unknown quantity at this point

i had one of those on my last car, the thing sounded AMAZING
Old 05-17-2009
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

ask TRIZ, i believe he has the twin loop
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

just the muffler right? i found one on ebay for 100 n 30 for shipping
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

fiend is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the look of the mugen twin loop exhaust but when i youtube the videos of them alot of them sound real raspy and i don't like that one bit
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

Ebay mufflers are ok for about a year... I had the SNL one, which is basically the same as the OBX twin loop. The fiberglass did not last at all and it was loud and raspy very quickly. I like the benefits of a twin loop, so I opted to stick with it and get a good one...I ordered from from Hytech for $400 and have never looked back. I have basically a race header and a 2.5 in exhaust and it's quieter then stock Header/Magnaflow catback on my Civic (There is NO drone once at speed). It's hand made, tig welded SS, and hand polished...it's absolutely amazing. The only downsides are the cost and that it often takes him a month + to ship them out. Mine took about 3 weeks.

Mugen mufflers are essentially the same (although I might argue that the Hytech quailty is better), but you're paying for the name big time. I've seem them go upwards of $750 for a Mugen twin-loop axle-back, and to me that just doesn't make sense. I would highly recommend you check out Hytech's stuff. If you search on websites like Honda-Tech you will find nothing but good about the quality (only bad things about John's customer service and wait times).

If you bought a header, high-flow cat (or not, if you choose), and a resonator along with this muffler, you could have an exhaust shop make you up a system.

http://www.hytechexhaust.com/ (Click 'Mufflers', you have to call to order)

Some pics before I installed it:

Name:  IMG_1513.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  133.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1514.jpg
Views: 1506
Size:  162.2 KB

Try looking for this on an OBX muffler:
Name:  IMG_1516.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  64.0 KB

Last edited by bakertime; 05-18-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

o mann so neither of them will be worth it than? i was watching some youtube vids too alot of them were raspy but a couple sounded smooth n deep but not too loud which i liked. im not sure what i want to do anymore so many cons on everything i look at! except for the cat backs but there about $500+ im a noob about the engine and exhaust n all of that, i just kno some body.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

these were the two i was looking at
MUGEN
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ABID&viewitem=

OBX
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3636&viewitem=

P.S. if getting a cat back i dont want a 4" fart can!

Last edited by 01cvc; 05-18-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

thenewdiabolic is an unknown quantity at this point

yea the OBX one was the one that i had and it sounded awesome, not raspy at all, the hardest thing was the install and fabbing hangers for it and tigging it to the other connecting pipe.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

i just want to make sure it will last a while and will sound deep n non raspy at all
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

get the mugen one before i do the obx is raspy compared to the mugen.
Old 05-18-2009
e-z
Registered!!

e-z is an unknown quantity at this point

can i make a suggestion? i know ur set on the twin loop style, but try checking out the tannaba hyper medalion. it has a nice deep sound to it and you cant hear it at all on idle. .. if you are looking for quiet but still performance there is also this other greddy one. im not 100% sure but i think its called the greddy dt exhaust. it has a dual type tips. i think it might b discontinued but u might b able 2 find one somewhere
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

YodaGuy5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 01cvc
MUGEN

OBX

My friends and I used to be ebay sellers. From what I've seen on most name brand exhaust they have the logo imprinted on them somewhere. I may be wrong, but I'd have that guy get you a clearer pic of the logo near the exhaust or at least a certificate of authenticity picture.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

MUGEN

OBX

for one thing that is not mugen... they're the same crap, both obx and generic. a true mugen exhaust is only sold as an axle back or catback unless someone hacked it off. A real mugen axle back cost no less than 350-400. Its mandrel bent, has a mugen badge on it, and depending on the generation it'll have rings around the tip.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=64

do yourself a favor and do not buy from ebay unless it is a legit brand. Have to becareful which retailer you buy from, they can be misleading. And as someone said before HyTech is also a great brand and have proven to be better than mugen. Buddy of mine has one and it sounds like pure sex

Last edited by mrtrinh; 05-18-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

okkkk well i think mugen is out of the picture for mee =/ i saw a mugen axleback for 400 or something but ill check out the hytech. god this is soo hard lol
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

okkkk well i think mugen is out of the picture for mee =/ i saw a mugen axleback for 400 or something but ill check out the hytech. god this is soo hard lol
hytech is also in the same price range, i would recommend getting an apexi ws2 muffler or catback
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

is ebay a bad source?
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/APEXI...Q5fAccessories

does it really matter what type it is (LX, EX)
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

it matters what model it is, the exhaust setups are different between an ex and a lx...if it was just an axle back then it won't matter but it does when it comes to full cat-back systems. basically on the lx your cat is built into the stock header and the exhaust piping runs differently from an ex. you can use an ex cat back system but you'll have to get either stock or after market header for an ex along with a new cat, you might also have to extend your o2 sensor, i can't remember. search around, there's a post on what all is needed to do an ex exhaust conversion on an lx
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

ebay is a bad source for generic parts but sometimes you can find good deals on name brand products. And yes EX and LX do matter, the cat location is different for these models. So an ex exhaust will not fit a lx vice versa
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

Retell is an unknown quantity at this point

I would get that OBX one over the Mugen, that Mugen guy has 0 rep.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

if your deadset on a twin loop setup, i'd go with either hytech or mugen. you can always by the muffler itself and go to an exhaust shop and just get custom piping thats what i did for my lx, then i swapped the header with a kamikazee, (as far as i know, there the only one's that make a header for the lx)
Old 05-19-2009
Registered!!

Keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesnt have a big following but I've had a vibrant street power axle back on my 04 for the last 2 years and it's held up great, sounds a little louder after 50000 km of use but still has a low deep tone that's not too loud even at high rpm's and is quiet at idle. Sounds better than mugen or Apexi in my opinion and costs less than half.Definatly worth checking out still my favorite mod to date, GL with ur search
Old 05-19-2009
Registered!!

how much did u spend around with the custom piping and the header swap? street power axleback found one for 300
Old 05-20-2009
Registered!!

custom piping was $40 and i think i got the header for $385 can't remember
Old 05-20-2009
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

bought a race header from hytech, cost me 1300 bucks and a 4+ month wait.

Good luck getting things from john in due time.

Once i did get it...it was worth it, but never again...cost too dam much.
Old 05-20-2009
Registered!!

if our motors had more potential for power without boosting and responded very well to bolt ons (i.e. give more hp than they do now) then i might of spent that much on a header too
Old 05-20-2009
Registered!!

yeaahhhh i dont think i want to spend that much haha,.
Old 05-21-2009
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

WOW surprised no one said anything about the HKS Hi-power axle back yet. If your really looking for just how the exhaust sounds and not really power then i would suggest this exhaust... i've had it for about 3 maybe 4 years and it still sounds the same from when i installed it. nice smooth deep tone. and lets face it if you're not going turbo you're not really going to make that much power without spending a ton of money and fabbing for the n/a route. oh and mine cost less than $400 shipped from thmotorsports.com which was truehonda.com when i bought it. anyways, thats just my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: mugen twin loop