Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Ever seen this intake before?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Ever seen this intake before?

Has anyone seen this before? looks interesting.....

http://www.moranoracing.com/11417c.html

Edit: I went to the manufacturer's website and got a pic of it installed.
After seeing what it looks like intalled, I don't like it so much.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	installed.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	74858  

Last edited by Eyger; 09-17-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 09-16-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ever seen this intake before?

Why won't it fit an 05 civic?
Old 09-16-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

something different same result.
Old 09-16-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

Yea i've seen it...supposedly a sri and cai hybrid lol they attempt to say it sucks cold air from below...kind of makes sense but kind of doesnt the d17 doesnt care...
Old 09-16-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

This came out in like 2001, very expensive won't give anymore power than a regular intake.
Old 09-16-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

yea, just looking at that thing says Stock box all over it!
thats pretty much how my 06 Civic was routed, so no different then slamming a flat K&N airfilter in your stock box.
OTher then that...those screws too me look like over a period of time replacing the airfilter would end up stripping out?
Old 09-16-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

that looks crazy. nice tho. id loose the filter in the box and put a cai filter on instead, then fill the box with ice cubes. think that'd work good? lmao
Old 09-16-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

i like the fuji or whatever there called better
Old 09-16-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

if its sound your after then buy an SRI,
if its just for the HP difference (which is minimal) then buy a CAI,
Fujita is awesome & InJen is top notch from my experiences!

but Podfilter ftw!
Old 09-16-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

waste of money
Old 09-16-2008
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

i like it
Old 09-16-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Christian Calim
i like it
It reminds me of a spoon sports intake system, only a replica.
Old 09-16-2008
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

oh gosh another 7th gen intake that wont DO anything difference to our poor singles....i mean it will but nothing amazing looks adorable tho
Old 09-16-2008
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

gets rid of that whole heatsoak issue though...doesnt look like any metal there.
Old 09-17-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the company was stupid. a long time ago they were doing testing and trying to get a GB on it here, but it all fell through. ive only seen that on a few cars and the workmanship is lousy. i guess they finally released it but the price is way too high
Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

this is actually how my stock air box was on my dc2. sounds like they just copied the stocl honda air box like others have said.
Old 09-17-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks the same as older accord intake too