Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

cam sprockets

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no1_suspek is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation cam sprockets

aiyyo! check this out guys, i just bought an AEM Tru-time cam sprocket and was wondering if i could slap it on without any hassle?! A friend of mine knows i have the sprocket and he was telling me his tech says the job is not going to be easy because of time settings and also theres a sensor in the cam???! AEM gives a step by step instruction manual on how to install the cam and im just trying to avoid spending on labor...I am not illiterate and dont wanna spend money on labor...anyone experience installing their own cam sprocket??!
Old 01-08-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough
Re: cam sprockets

so you say you're not illiterate...
Old 01-08-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah its like changing the timing belt pretty much, alot of work. why are you even installing it? do you have a new camshaft you want to tune with it? cause thats the only reason i can think of. and you need to tune it on a dyno along with air:fuel ratio which i hope you have something that adjusts it like a vafcII.
Old 01-08-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^^ co-signed