Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

eBay Generic Short Ram Intake (most popular)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
eBay Generic Short Ram Intake (most popular)

Ok, this bad boy will run you about 30 bucks. It is probably the most popular ebay intake you'll find. Mine had a red filter on it.

This thing boasts a 8-12 hp and a 10-15 lb/tq gain. Of course nothing like that is true. It does have a nice sound to it. And will get you a little better mpg. I felt a little smoother accel but seriously nothing amazing whatsoever. Its nice for the butt dyno but other than that forget about it. Fitments ok in the engine bay, except for the throttle body part. It only comes with one clamp, i needed two, so that it would stay there n not wobble. Theres a little bar thing thats included, it doesnt connect to anything, i dont know why it came with the kit. The blue rubber hose is ok, but i only used it temporarily because those hoses are known to split. I went and got a way thicker stronger one later that day. And it looks pretty cool under the hood, if u keep it clean, nice and shiny and a nice big filter in the front so everyone can know u mean business...So...ok here are the quick stats:

Fit: 7
Power: 2 (1-10)
Looks: 9
Price: 10!!
Old 07-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K20SleeperCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: eBay Generic Short Ram Intake (most popular)

procarparts.com has the same one but with a K&N filter and hella cheap and the piping is generic but works the same all around i had those generic filters before and they fall apart easily after a while.
Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

Guso is an unknown quantity at this point

wow thanks this was a really usful review i saw this intake on ebay and was thinkin about geeting it for my 98 civic. thanks man rep sent
Old 09-22-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

intake = pipe and filter

A pipe is the same as another pipe so just buy a good quality filter, replace the crap Ebay filter and you're done. End cost = $50.
Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

aznprid214 has a spectacular aura aboutaznprid214 has a spectacular aura about

outa curiousity, whats the greatest to worst filters out there? i heard k&n was good, and I heard it was bad....
Old 09-22-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe gearbox did a review on the filters.. seems like AEM dryflow was the best.
Old 03-19-2009
Registered!!

picklesi99 is an unknown quantity at this point

me i buy one for my 99 civic si and ive never seen an intake hp gain like this it was awsome and i pay like 50 buck all this to say that sometime its not always good to buy a 300$ aem intake just for the brand....my opinion
Old 08-31-2010
Registered!!

Mal2000Si is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah bro, get a K&N filter and its basically the same thing as the AEM one, i got a cheap one for the integra i used to have and i just put a new filter on and it was SO much gain! (well, prolly only like 5hp but the sound and butt dyno aspect felt different.)
Old 08-31-2010
Registered!!

Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
Ok, this bad boy will run you about 30 bucks. It is probably the most popular ebay intake you'll find. Mine had a red filter on it.

" Fitments ok in the engine bay, except for the throttle body part. It only comes with one clamp, i needed two, so that it would stay there n not wobble. Theres a little bar thing thats included, it doesnt connect to anything, i dont know why it came with the kit. "

Fit: 7
Power: 2 (1-10)
Looks: 9
Price: 10!!
So your holding the whole thing on simply by attahing the rubber sleeve to the throttle body with two clamps? It's not attached in any other way? Aren't you afraid it will fall off?

**** I just noticed how freaking old this thread is. oh well....

Last edited by Ckutch02EX; 08-31-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: because
Old 10-28-2010
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Mine fell off once, I got an engine light and put it back on tighter. Haven't had trouble since then.