Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Weapon-R secret weapon intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Weapon-R secret weapon intake

Overall impressions: This is a unique intake with many interesting features that puts it above the other brands.

Fitment: alot of custom "getto' rigging is required, including zipties to hold the breather tube straight, and keep the intake from sagging down. Also requires wrapping tape around the air temp sensor so it doesnt fall out and extending the wires to reach midpipe.

Sound: the quietest intake you will ever find, mainly due to the pipe design and oiled foam filter. you can barely hear it at all unless you really mash the gas and even then its not annoying. it also makes a turbo pss noise when the auto trans shifts between gears over 4k rpms sometimes.

Filter quality: the filter itself is well built, it requires a special tacky oil that really stops dirt like a glue and requires cleaning once a year. it stops as much or more dirt than a stock paper filter, yet flows more air than an open pipe due to its built-in turbo velocity stack.

power gains: with any intake, the gains are minimal, but ive noticed more low end power with this particular brand.

Just make sure the filter is clamped down hard because mine came off the pipe once. i think i had the clamp put on too close to the filter inlet tho.

Last edited by gearbox; 04-19-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all
Re: Weapon-R secret weapon intake

I gotta say I love mine. Yours looks like it is a little different from the top shot. Just the part that goes on the intake. On mine it is perfectly round. I also had the problem where the filter came off so I bought a new clamp and its been pretty good now. Part of the problem is the whole ghetto rigging thing. Gear, you have tried about everything from what I have seen, how do you feel about injen?
Old 08-05-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats prolly the only one i didnt try. and yeah i had big problems with my new filter falling off even with a tight clamp. finally i ended up sanding the part of the filter that goes on the pipe and cleaned both sides with alcohol, then put the clamp closer to the filter. hasnt budged for 2 weeks and i dont think it will.
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

my boyfriend is being rude at dinner and texting you. he will get back to you later.

---sorry gear... I didn't know I wasn't aloud to reply to posts while sitting at the resteraunt with my girl celebrating our three years together...btw copper plugs and mobil one ftw this morniing!!!
Old 08-16-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

i love mine with the HKS Hi Power. sounds niceeee
Old 10-06-2008
Registered!!

Krieger is an unknown quantity at this point

but isnt it really bad at filtering?

i was googling filtering abilities and even a K&N filters better than any foam one that was tested on over 10 tests i read.

alot were a year or 2 old, so maybe these filters are better, but apparently they get caked with dirt fast and they let in tons of small stuff when it starts to get full.

looks BAD *** tho. seriously.

btw, anyone ever try to buy some extra piping and put the filter behind the battery like it was stock? i think that's the only CAI setup i'll ever try as it rains and floods like a **** here in FL.
Old 10-06-2008
Registered!!

Krieger is an unknown quantity at this point

btw, i know its old, but so what? noone was posting otherwise... lol
Old 10-06-2008
Premium Member

when i take it apart for cleaning, the outside of the filter is filthy, and the inside is spotless. not a spec of dirt anywhere. i would say it filters better than paper.
Old 05-13-2013
Banned

user 73802 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gear,

I am planning to buy this weapon R intake for my car, but I would like to hear your input about 2 questions that I have:

1st....What did you experience in MPG (saying that before and after you accelerate normal (not too fast, not too slow))?? Do you get more, same or less MPG?

2nd... Let's say I buy the intake and 1 year or 2 later I decide to change the foam filter for an AEM or K&N filter, will it make the turbo psss sound the AEM or K&N filter?

Thanks a lot in advance