Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

My AEM Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AJay1088 is an unknown quantity at this point
My AEM Cold Air Intake

I just had mine installed today, but I have noticed that its buzzing -- vibrating. I know this is bad for it, but I'm not sure what to do, I don't want to ruin the intake. Where do i go, and what do i ask for/say for them to fix the problem???

help
Old 01-06-2007
Registered!!

hondoer27 will become famous soon enoughhondoer27 will become famous soon enough
Where is it making noise from?
Old 01-06-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
is it rubbing up against something? open your hood and just rev it up a few times and see what's up.
Old 01-06-2007
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
It could be rubbing against the hood, or maybe strut bar if you have one. Have you checked up by the battery tray/tranny as well? Pop the hood, start the car, and pull the throttle cable to see if you can reproduce the noise.
Old 01-06-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Originally Posted by TeLLy
It could be rubbing against the hood, or maybe strut bar if you have one. Have you checked up by the battery tray/tranny as well? Pop the hood, start the car, and pull the throttle cable to see if you can reproduce the noise.
I don't advise this! Telly this is good advise to someone that does there own work. This guy (the thread starter) paid a shop or someone to install an intake. I don't think he needs to be leaning over the engine and pulling the throttle cable. JMO
Old 01-07-2007
Registered!!

DJ GEE is an unknown quantity at this point
Slave cylinder

Look at the bottom below the battery, there is the steel line to your slave cylinder it gets pretty close to the first pipe on your intake, If so just bend it a little that if u drive manual.
Old 01-07-2007
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Alpha 5
I don't advise this! Telly this is good advise to someone that does there own work. This guy (the thread starter) paid a shop or someone to install an intake. I don't think he needs to be leaning over the engine and pulling the throttle cable. JMO

Good call. Let me rephrase then - have a friend tap the throttle gently while you have the hood open and are standing in front of the car without leaning over it.