Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

I've put on my flame suit and called the fire department. [Question inside]

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
I've put on my flame suit and called the fire department. [Question inside]

Hold on......wait for me to get my flame suit on.........

Hold on, I'm just zipping it up......

Okay, I'm done.

So I like the sound of the intake but I'm not a racer so the small boost in horsepower is not an attraction for me. So I'm wondering which intakes are out there for cheap, and do they all sound the same? I'm talking $100 cheap, not $10 cheap! Is there a certain kind that doesn't work as well as others? I'd like to be a liiiiitle bit faster, but just want the 90 horses to sound a little better as well.

Last edited by DeX; 09-05-2006 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-05-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
they are all gonna sound the same basically, no way in hell i would spend $200 or $300 on an aem or injen intake for 3hp, i just bought my cai off of ebay 2 years for $80 and its been great ever since, nice deep throaty sound to it. I heard the weapon r intake gives the most increase in "power" to our cars.

mine as well throw this in here too

Last edited by RHCP0801; 09-05-2006 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-05-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
About six months ago, I bought an AEM SRI off eBay for about $100. They claimed a 5 HP improvement. It does sound decent tho. And I might have gotten 0.5 HP out of it. Maybe it was just a typo in the listing. Right.
Old 09-05-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i had the injen CAI and it was freakin' LOUD. I took off the lower pipe and ran it as a SRI and it wasnt as loud. so you can kinda sorta control volume based on that fact.
Old 09-05-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
ibtl...ebay my friend...i paid 200 for my aem cai and imo, it just wasn't worth it...but that was three years ago i think, right after i bought it and the novelty wore off long ago
Old 09-05-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
So it really doesn't matter which one as long as it's not the Walmart special?
Old 09-05-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
even the walmart special will give the same gains as aem and injen as long it holds together lol
Old 09-05-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RHCP0801
even the walmart special will give the same gains as aem and injen as long it holds together lol
exactly i got a "Darkforce CAI" off ebay for 35 bucks shipped. nice sound.
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
a used injen or aem short ram will go for $100.
Old 09-06-2006

Originally Posted by CenZ
exactly i got a "Darkforce CAI" off ebay for 35 bucks shipped. nice sound.
that sounds badass
Old 09-06-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i like weapon-r secret. by far the least noisy, best looking, and better design. a few things... filter design outflows anything out there, intake sensor is NOT located near hot throttle body, intake does not touch throttle body and has a gradual transition, the plenum is grooved for more turbulent airflow before entering the manifold, only drawback is its mostly metal, but on cooler days you can really feel the better response. ive tried 4 other intake and this beats then by far with less noise and more power. lets not forget this is the same intake that made 16whp/30wtq on the srt4.
Old 09-06-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
anyway to use the injen sri pipe with just the stock airbox??
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gearbox
i like weapon-r secret. by far the least noisy, best looking, and better design. a few things... filter design outflows anything out there, intake sensor is NOT located near hot throttle body, intake does not touch throttle body and has a gradual transition, the plenum is grooved for more turbulent airflow before entering the manifold, only drawback is its mostly metal, but on cooler days you can really feel the better response. ive tried 4 other intake and this beats then by far with less noise and more power. lets not forget this is the same intake that made 16whp/30wtq on the srt4.
agreed. i def love the weapon-r secret by far all the ones ive tried. if u want an intake this is the one to go with. it will b about $170 and im not sure if its with every place but at weaponspeed.com u get the cleaning and oil kit for the intake. i bought an extra set by mistake
Old 09-06-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

This is going better than I thought, I figured someone was going to suggest one of those speakers that makes the blow off valve noise. Everyone seems to be posting intakes that are more than $100 though. Except for the few used ones. I'm going to see what Ebay has.
Old 09-07-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i noticed the ebay intake now comes in "jdm black" color
Old 09-07-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by gearbox
i noticed the ebay intake now comes in "jdm black" color
Just in case you're driving around JDM style with no hood.
Old 09-07-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DeX
Just in case you're driving around JDM style with no hood.