Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

RSR exhaust not so good afterall

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
RSR exhaust not so good afterall

Well I bought this based on everyone's comments about how its as quiet as stock, well made, etc and turns out its actually quite junky. This exhaust is not quiet, its very LOUD! Far from stock, and I actually think it makes more noise than a greddy evo I heard before. So don't buy this thinking its silent. Also as you know I'm into keeping my ride lightweight, well I was disappointed when I got the box and it was 50 lbs!!!! I can't imagine how a muffler can weigh so much compared to stock which is maybe 10lbs. So don't get this if you care about weight savings. Finally, the nice caramic coated pipes are starting to peel and get rusty. There is quite a bit of rust all over, including the badge and hangers which are completely covered. If it gets worse, I'm gonna have to prep and paint the front of the canister so it doesn't look ghetto. In conclusion, the only reason I still have it is for looks. I am putting up with the sound but it really gets annoying after a while.
Old 02-11-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuledya is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear, you just don't have good luck do you....
Mine is just like the day I bought it, and it's 2 years old. Hasn't gotten any louder...
As far as corrosion goes - I park my car in the winter and drive a beater ranger, but I'm surprised it's rusting. I thought those pipes were ceramic coated stainless steel...
Old 02-11-2006
TEIN MAN

RAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura about
Ouch I love my Apexi World Sport.
Old 02-11-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
im thinking of getting the Apexi WS2... looks alot like the RSR except i dont think it ceramic coating (less weight i guess without)
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
i still love my greddy! its still quiet at idle and highway speeds and only gets loud at WOT. its not raspy and sounds very deep. seriously you cant even really hear it at idle. good luck with it man.
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about
how much do you want for it?
Old 02-14-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by familycar
i still love my greddy! its still quiet at idle and highway speeds and only gets loud at WOT. its not raspy and sounds very deep. seriously you cant even really hear it at idle. good luck with it man.

Second that. The evo2 was my first import cat back. I have to say I never knew the difference in sound of a good exhaust to a crappy one well now I do. I too love this exhaust. On a plus side my flowmaster force 2 axel back was heavvvvvvyyyy this is much better.
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
not true, i have the rs*r, and it sounds amazing. not loud, not sure what you're talking about gearbox, but that's your opinion .
Old 02-14-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
That snow must be killing it cuz..that sucks..
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
its only snowed 5 times this year and i keep the exhaust very clean. i think i'm the only one that actually washes it at the car wash and dry it off with towel.
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

Matulin407 is an unknown quantity at this point
Magnaflo oval one with 3inch inlet with 2.5 inch cat back pipes.

my car sounds soooooo sexy. Kinda sounds like a mustang foreal
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
mustangs dont sound sexy... but on another note, my greddy hasnt rusted at all and it sounds nice as hell. and not to doubt you gearbox but i doubt also that the rsr exhaust is louder than the greddy evo II...
Old 02-14-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
i think i'm the only one that actually washes it at the car wash and dry it off with towel.
No you are not
Old 02-14-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

Originally Posted by cubanmike26
No you are not

werd ......does a shammy count?
Old 02-14-2006

Originally Posted by cg95660
the fok? I meant to clean it, not polish it..
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
i love my greddy evo 2
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess good thing i decided not to get an RS-R for aftermarket, but could someone please sell me their GREDDY EVO2!! please come on
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
HKS hi-power, nuff said
Old 02-15-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
gearbox....heres my advice.....jsut sell ur car. i think ud be happier with something else
Old 02-15-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
i guess good thing i decided not to get an RS-R for aftermarket, but could someone please sell me their GREDDY EVO2!! please come on
No but I can point you to a local company here that will sell it for a low price.
All you gotta do is make a drive up.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
Damn gearbox ur not having any luck with cars I feel for ya. I agree with Mugenman sell urs get another.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Me too...wash and shammy my car every time I come home.

Love my Magnaflow.

Originally Posted by cubanmike26
the fok? I meant to clean it, not polish it..
You do know a shammy is for drying and not polishing, right?
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

No but I can point you to a local company here that will sell it for a low price.
hahah drive up to Sac.? HEECK no, unless it's like $400, even then it'd be the same thing as me buying it new from my friend cuz i'd just be paying the difference in gas.
Old 02-15-2006
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
Im having no trouble with mine. No doubt its the best looking exhaust for our cars. If youre looking for real quiet get the type s eshaust. Damn Gear, its like every other day you start a thread about your car that youre unhappy with lol.
Old 02-16-2006
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough

reaaaaaaly...PM ME...
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

RedMEansGoOo is an unknown quantity at this point
hey gearbox i guess its gotten worse huh...on an added note i emailed RS-R (when i was looking very hard for dynos, since they dyno) 2 weeks ago no RESPONSE except hey i got your email thanks.
btw supposable there are some rumors overseas that RS-R is having difficulty maintaing it business
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

RedMEansGoOo is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

heres a math problem for you regarding the RS-R exhaust

ceramic coating + heat/pressure/time = rusting
if you have this exhaust and have not seen my other post, check for this problem immediately
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RedMEansGoOo
hey gearbox i guess its gotten worse huh...on an added note i emailed RS-R (when i was looking very hard for dynos, since they dyno) 2 weeks ago no RESPONSE except hey i got your email thanks.
btw supposable there are some rumors overseas that RS-R is having difficulty maintaing it business
they're on the verge of goin bankrupt? i think, i dont know, my friend told me something like that. he knows the VP of the RS-R usa branch. soo maybe, i dont know i may be wrong too though.
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

k20a2nEEk is an unknown quantity at this point
ive had my rsr exhast for about 4 months, no problems still nice and quiet...
Old 02-17-2006
Premium Member

it just bothers me how companies deal with email replies. I have sent THREE emails to major companies that all say they reply within one business day. I have waited two weeks and nothing. so you know what I do? dont buy anything from them. If they dont take me seriously, I will do the same.

Quick Reply: RSR exhaust not so good afterall