Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

flywheel bolts -- honda is a thief!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
flywheel bolts -- honda is a thief!

i misplaced my flywheel bolts when i took my motor out last march. And my shop needs them in order to finish balancing my motor. So i went over to honda and asked for a set (total of 6) flywheel bolts.

THE DAMN THINGS CAME OUT TO $47.74!!!

what the hell is soo damn special about these bolts to let them think they arr worth $8 each? Theyre just grade 10 12 point bolts!
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

Shifty is on a distinguished road
yep, honda likes to rip people off, my left front bumper bracket broke and i was charged $50 for a piece of abs plastic.
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
same here when i did my clutch and flywheel i lost a couple of the bolts and honda wanted like $7 a bolt...i sayed im not paying that much for f**king bolts, but luckly my buddy had some
Old 02-08-2006
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
i paid it. then they told me that they had to order them.

i went home, found 4 of the bolts in my garage and 2 in my back yard. then went back and got my money back.
Old 02-08-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
one plastic clip is $4, i ended up spending $25 for some fender clips that broke off from being made from crap plastic.
Old 02-09-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
haha you can get nearly 3 quarts of MTF for the price of one bolt ;P
Old 02-09-2006
Registered!!

Axxe is an unknown quantity at this point
They are stretch bolts, that's why head bolts are expensive too.
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Its business, so consumer will always pay premium for something useless or something in demand.
e.g. $1+ for a cup of coffee or tea at "Tim Horton's"

Whoudnt just regular bolts from "Home Depot" do the job??
Old 02-10-2006
DONT PANIC

Originally Posted by 03-Acura-1.7-EL
Its business, so consumer will always pay premium for something useless or something in demand.
e.g. $1+ for a cup of coffee or tea at "Tim Horton's"

Whoudnt just regular bolts from "Home Depot" do the job??
no. i dont want them to shear off.
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
^^
With all you power you want, you need everything to be heavy duty.
Old 02-10-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
o-rings for injectors 4 of them came out to nearly $42. now thats a friggin rip off.
Old 02-11-2006
DONT PANIC

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
o-rings for injectors 4 of them came out to nearly $42. now thats a friggin rip off.
go to toyota and buy the o-rings for the celica GT injectors. They are the same, and only cost about $6 for all 4
Old 02-11-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
hondaautomoticeparts.com is where I went for oem parts like that..
Old 09-08-2023
Registered!!

Dto420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: flywheel bolts -- honda is a thief!

I called honda parts closest to me and they quoted 12.50 a piece for the flywheel bolt for a 2005 civic. And said I'd have to order in person to get them. So after I searched online and got the part number and told the owner of the car they would have to be ordered. She went up there and when she came out she sent me a text saying well they weren't 12.50.. they charged her 34.50 per bolt. 3 bolts cost a little over 100 dollars. Some bs fr
Old 09-08-2023
Click Here

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dto420
I called honda parts closest to me and they quoted 12.50 a piece for the flywheel bolt for a 2005 civic. And said I'd have to order in person to get them. So after I searched online and got the part number and told the owner of the car they would have to be ordered. She went up there and when she came out she sent me a text saying well they weren't 12.50.. they charged her 34.50 per bolt. 3 bolts cost a little over 100 dollars. Some bs fr
Now just consider inflation when this post was made 17 years ago.
The following users liked this post:
Colin42 (09-09-2023)
Old 09-08-2023
Registered!!

Dto420 is an unknown quantity at this point

This all happened in the same day. 12.50 to 34.50... so what it's an old post.. I searched and could see the bolts available for as low as 7 bucks from honda parts online and also the title of this post.
they should have a few in stock since it's used for so many years but since it's a special order part you must pay first and no refund for special order so they jack up the price as much as they can get away with.
Old 09-09-2023
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

I would not risk pulling things out again for the bolts
concerning old post, it is frowned upon in most internet forums, but we can look the other way since it is related, no worries.