Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Anyone with Stage 1 cam?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
do you have a turbo?
Old 12-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
obviously he does...since he got the stage 2 turbo camshaft...

i would dyno tune your vafc2 to get the most gains.
Old 12-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryangt is an unknown quantity at this point
i rented the spring compression tool from the autozone up the street

my redlines about 8 for safety sake, i dont want to rev much higher than that, and honestly with this set up you dont need to. If your like me, your power comes on strong at 3500 and pulls hard all the way to redline.

it does however make thoes 5th gear to 3rd gear shifts possible haha lots of fun to screw with mustangs like that just rip on them on the freeway.

Any more ?'s
Old 12-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryangt is an unknown quantity at this point
ive known guys to run turbo cams without turbos, they didnt boost for lack of funds so they bought the cams and did the motor work and then turbo'd later.
A na motor with turbo cams runs like ****, i dont care what you say.
Old 12-22-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
ryangt, do you have an aem ems? or is there a diff way to remove rev limiter?
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
yeah i would like to know what you raised your rev limiter with as well i am waiting for the stg 2 cam package now and am sending out my head to get the machine work done in a week or so. so if you dont mind what did you tune with and how did you raise your rev limiter?????????????
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

trance4mer is an unknown quantity at this point
bump i like this thread =)
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
i think we are all still waiting to see his tuning method
Old 01-27-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Will these cams fit our DX's??
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
Will these cams fit our DX's??
No, its EX only.
You may want to look into EX head swap, you will need EX head and EX ecu
Guaranteed 12hp
Old 01-27-2006

dont need ex ecu, get vafc2.
Old 01-28-2006
Registered!!

hmm....i thought you did need the ECU
Old 01-28-2006

nope, with the ecu you would also need to have a dealership reflash the ecu to work with your key.
the vafc-2 can activate your vtec which is the only reason you would need a new ecu.
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

hmm...yea.
so has anybody ever installed a stage1 camshaft yet??
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by familycar
i think we are all still waiting to see his tuning method
still waiting!!!
Old 01-30-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

yeah i would like to know what you raised your rev limiter with as well i am waiting for the stg 2 cam package now and am sending out my head to get the machine work done in a week or so. so if you dont mind what did you tune with and how did you raise your rev limiter?????????????
You can't!! Sorry dude! The ECU doesn't reconize it self after the 7,000 RPM mark! the ONLY way to raise your rev limiter is AEM's E-mag... Sorry guys I too wold like a 8500 RPM red line! It wold be kinda
Old 01-30-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
please don't raise your rev limiter unless you have aftermarket valve springs AND rods
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
You can't!! Sorry dude! The ECU doesn't reconize it self after the 7,000 RPM mark! the ONLY way to raise your rev limiter is AEM's E-mag... Sorry guys I too wold like a 8500 RPM red line! It wold be kinda
first off i know this. and ill give you a reason why it wont. because the rev limited is tied to the crank sensor. so the only way to bypass is with a EMS EMS not AEM Emag. i think your mixing up emanage and EMS. and if your mixing up those two i dont htink you need to be giving anyone advice for such a question. i am trying to find another way to raise the rev limiter with out using the EMS. that is the purpose of my question. i think using a stg 2 cam is useless unless your going to raise the limiter so you can make the power the cam is designed to give. i will raise the limiter to 8k and i will do it with stock rods in place. that isnt a huge worry unless your running around untuned
Old 01-30-2006

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Thumbs down

first off i know this. and ill give you a reason why it wont. because the rev limited is tied to the crank sensor. so the only way to bypass is with a EMS EMS not AEM Emag. i think your mixing up emanage and EMS. and if your mixing up those two i dont htink you need to be giving anyone advice for such a question. i am trying to find another way to raise the rev limiter with out using the EMS. that is the purpose of my question. i think using a stg 2 cam is useless unless your going to raise the limiter so you can make the power the cam is designed to give. i will raise the limiter to 8k and i will do it with stock rods in place. that isnt a huge worry unless your running around untuned
woooooo, buddy my bad about the aem ems or aem e manage! you obviously understood what I was talking about! but to say my info is worthless... this was just my opinion
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
woooooo, buddy my bad about the aem ems or aem e manage! you obviously understood what I was talking about! but to say my info is worthless... this was just my opinion
well think abou tit if you dont know the difference between a GREDDY EMANAGE or a AEM EMS you obviously shouldnt be trying to give advice on the subject. sorry if i came off a bit rough but if you dont know what the guy is using to tune then why try to answer my question? you didnt even give any info to the pretaining question. so dont take offense but also dont try to answer questions you dont know the answer to!!
Old 01-30-2006

i am trying to find another way to raise the rev limiter with out using the EMS. that is the purpose of my question.
That is what I was writing in responce too! But damn bro p.m.s??? But I thought that was why we respond to these posts... so we could learn.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

as i stated before dont take offense it the internet man. i dont know you from a hole in the girls bathroom. i felt as though the statement was kind of a insult to my intelligence. which is why i replied the way i did. think of it this way, you ask a question about someones car and i respond with an answer but the answer was completely off base and i provided incorrect information. what would you say in response. probably something like i did. so seriously dont take offense. you actually seem pretty cool! sorry if i offended you danielson! hope to see you at a local meet so we can actually see who we are talking to
Old 01-31-2006

Thumbs up

as i stated before dont take offense it the internet man. i dont know you from a hole in the girls bathroom. i felt as though the statement was kind of a insult to my intelligence. which is why i replied the way i did. think of it this way, you ask a question about someones car and i respond with an answer but the answer was completely off base and i provided incorrect information. what would you say in response. probably something like i did. so seriously dont take offense. you actually seem pretty cool! sorry if i offended you danielson! hope to see you at a local meet so we can actually see who we are talking to
Na, man me no insult! Danielson As for a local meet I dont drive down to Cali too often, living in Arizonia and all! But since this thread turned into a me and you debate. Lets just shake hands and visit another forum! "Danielson" that just cracked me up !!
Old 02-02-2006
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Originally Posted by ryangt
ok lemme put this ou for you guys, i have an 01 EX 2dr. I had stage 1 crowers NO VALVE TRAIN you dont need it if your revving to 7000 the motors built for that. stage 2 or higher yeah a must. I had stage 1 cam, aem 3 bolt cam gear, and a ported and polished head i had it tuned by THE HOOKUPS in cali. Put down a solid 18.5 hp gain at the wheel, these engines can make power they just need work like all motors. I have since built the motor and gone with stage 2's full motor upgrades and im closing the 180hp mark NA no nothing to help no nitrous or anything. I remember with the stage 1's tho it was fine, it drove like normal, just had a little more whoopy in the pedel.
have fun
I have read this over again, due to some of the stuff you posted in this thread (fully built NA engine and the supposed close to 180 whp dyno) We have waited a long time for proof, but I must raise the BS flag on you man. prove me wrong...... please and i'll retract all of these statements.
Old 02-02-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
180 hp, maybe. so ... around 145whp tuned, hm?
Old 02-03-2006
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
I guess i am just trying to coax a dyno chart out of him.