Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

owners of the magnaflow cat back

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough
Re: owners of the magnaflow cat back

I love mine...I've had it since winter, and it's great! Sounds nice all the way up through the rpms, and is louder then the stock exhaust, but not loud by any means (someone before mentioned that it was so loud they felt bad for the neighbors; maybe other exhaust mods had made it louder, but it is a nice quite purr). It's a great sound for a daily driver. The 4 in tip is a bit big, but you get used to it. When installing, I used a product called Acousti-Seal at every joint to fill in leaks, because I had a hard time preventing it from leaking at the joints. Optimally, it would be welded together completely.

My cars lowered about 1.5 and I haven't had any problems with it hitting my RSX sway. I had to get the middle joint welded (rather than clamped) to clear scraping going up onto driveways with a ramp at the end that was too steep.

Overall, I'd get it again for sure. I haven't heard a 7th gen exhaust that I like better.
Old 08-06-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Diabcraftboy
could you send me the sound file as well

Diabcraftboy@hotmail.com

also, I'm considering getting the magnaflow catback for my 01 civic lx, but I've heard the piping gets rather low once off the headers...can anyone confirm or deny this, or have a pic to show me what it looks like on their ride.
this thread is over 5 years old. theres a 1 out of 437532153548719359132 chance of u getting a response or an email with a sound file. another thing is u have one header on your car..just a heads up because alot of people on here get mad or touchy or whatever when they hear someone say headers. um..first post so..search and ull find the answers.. and check the dates on the threads ur looking at. dont revive anything that hasnt been touched in over 6 months..pointless. see ya and welcome to the boards.
Old 08-06-2007
Registered!!

twism2 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think i have some pics of the exhaust on my car; if not i can email them to anyone...be forewarned the exhaust will rust cause i used a light emery on it cause i got caught in some asphalt and it stuck to the exhaust and it bothered me so i cleaned it off and apparently it's not S/S as they claim...the exhaust as it comes gives a real mellow tone; i left it as it came bolted up real nice with the cat and my dc header....
Old 08-06-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

I've had it since April 05 and I love it. Here's some pics if you just straight install it, since thats what I did on my 01 LX Coupe.
Side clearance:

Front clearance:

The tip:

Old 08-06-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

For sound clips go to the magnaflow site, the clips sound exactly the same, atleast through my speakers.
Old 08-07-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

well.. i got to hating it! after 3 years, not bc of mganaflow, but how heavy it was.. it moved too much, and rattled everytime... all-the-time.. but igot the resonator still on with the T1R exhaust and a custom mid-pipe since mine was trashed after that long
Old 08-07-2007
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice

my only problem is my midpipe......but thats becuase its like 1in from the ground.
Once I swap one day, I'll have a custom midpipe so I wont have that problem....

And I should have a video on my myspace.
BTW this video is hella old...LOL

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=2056493
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

Diabcraftboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lxcivic2k1
For sound clips go to the magnaflow site, the clips sound exactly the same, atleast through my speakers.
thanks for the pics lxcivic2k1...really helped, I don't know what others were talking about since it doesn't look all that low.

and too dsevenem2...header...sorry, im just getting into the car scene...
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

civicowners is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the pic of mangaflow on my sedan

Old 08-08-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Diabcraftboy
thanks for the pics lxcivic2k1...really helped, I don't know what others were talking about since it doesn't look all that low.

and too dsevenem2...header...sorry, im just getting into the car scene...
lol its cool i just thought i should point it out. its really not that big a deal to me. i say headers when im talking to people it just comes out. used to saying that..dont really know why. anyway good luck
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

Diabcraftboy is an unknown quantity at this point

well im set on that exhaust...now to find a place to pick it up and get it on my car pronto
Old 08-18-2007
Registered!!

civicowners is an unknown quantity at this point

I tooks a better pic of my exhaust! The one above suck!

So enjoy!