Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

VENOM 400 modual

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C.Holmes is an unknown quantity at this point
VENOM 400 modual

i have a quick question, i am instaling my venom 400 modual, i have the ground nd power hooked up now i need to hook the other two wires to the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) signal wire, and the other wire to the Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF) signal wire. but what wire goes to which one, if someone could tell me what color wire goes to each that would be a great help. and no i dont have the manual and ive been waiting for months to get it. thanks.
Old 04-25-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
don't install it. It will mess with your car and not even do anything. It's not good to just have a box mess with all those sensors. We don't even have a maf sensor it's called MAP. I seriously would just sell that.
Old 04-25-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm...i hear that these venom 400 modules will do a lot to our cars....any cars actually.
Old 04-25-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
all it does is fool the ecu. You can gain the same effect by pushing harder on the gas. When it's floored you will notice no difference at all.
Old 04-26-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
yeah sell it and get something better.
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

obguam is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Venom 400 Great for Autos

I have the V400 and auto trans. I'm happy with it mainly because it raises shift points to higher RPM and smooths out or speeds up shifting, especially kickdown to first gear. I turn it off for daily driving and better fuel economy, and can really feel the difference when I turn it on for more spirited perfomance. Maybe some of this admittedly only slightly improved perfomance, compared to turbo or NOS, is illusory but I do enjoy it and its hella cheaper, so to each his own.
Old 04-08-2008
Registered!!

josephc95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VENOM 400 modual

I just got the Venom 400 and i cant figure out which wires go where. and i cant figure out which ones are the signal wires on the MAP and TPS.
Old 04-09-2008
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

OK I guess someone needs to elaborate on how it works for people to understand that is is useless.
OK first off the connections it is making wont allow you to shift at a higher rpm, the ecu controls that and it is NOT able to be lifted.
With that said I am going to also explain how it works.
ALl of your sensors work off of a certain signal given my the TPS and MAP. This will help determine the amount of fuel and amount of timing you need at a specific throttle position.
This unit modifies the signal the TPS and MAP gives off. It increases the voltage going to the ecu. All this is doing is giving your ECU a WOT reading when in reality your only at 35% throttle position. Thus basically doing the same thing you can do by stepping on the accelerator harder.
This has been one of the biggest gimmicks in the industry.
I used to know a guy form Venom/ Python Injection. I purchased several nitrous systems and several 400pcm's. I then did some testing at the track.
I in fact ran slower times with the unit connected than I did with a stock ECU tune. It is all in your head. The amount of fuel and timming it adds is a waste of fuel. Your true afr is too rich. With anything over 14.7afr your ecu will correct it, therefore your accomplishing NOTHING by using this unit. If you dont have enough air(your throttle plate isnt open enough at the lower throttle position) then your creating a rich condition with the o2 sensor will correct. so basically your making your sensors battle for nothing.
Old 04-09-2008
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

ohh man I just found a whole write up on it from a few years ago when I first started the testing with it. Enjoy!!

At first glance, you probably think that this is a joke – or perhaps a "smart-***" suggestion. But, in fact, many enthusiasts – including some within the online Saturn performance community – spend money on a particlular aftermarket gimmick that claims to do nothing more than what you can accomplish for free by literally pushing the accelerator pedal down further with your right foot.

The product to which we are referring is a gimmick known as the "Venom 400" marketed by Python Injection, Inc. The Venom 400 claims to alter closed loop fuel and spark response by replacing or modifying the voltage signals into the powertrain control module (PCM) from the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) and throttle position (TPS) sensors. Since the PCM uses input from the MAP and TPS sensors during closed loop operation to determine an appropriate fuel response, their logic behind this attempt is to trick the PCM into thinking that the throttle is open more than it actually is so that additional fuel will be added to the mixture. And since a mixture slightly richer than stoichiometric is generally best for producing peak power, the additional fuel should create some extra power (albeit far from the 25% increase that they claim.)

However, it is important to remember that MAP and TPS inputs only affect PCM decisions during partial throttle driving. Once MAP and TPS signals reach voltage levels that indicate full-throttle, the PCM begins ignoring these input signals and resorts to open loop operation – at which point, additional voltage from MAP and TPS sensors will not affect fuel response. In other words, the Venom 400 claims to function only under partial throttle conditions.

This partial throttle limitation is not something that is denied by the makers of the Venom 400. In fact, they openly admit this in their marketing material. They even publish dynamometer testing results at their website (http://www.venom-performance.com/v400/dynos.html) that show power gains as a function of throttle position. If you look closely, you will notice that the Venom 400 power curve matches the stock power curve at 25% and 100% throttle openings. And, of course, on both curves, the point of maximum power occurs at a 100% throttle opening. But at all partial throttle openings between these points, they indicate a substantial increase in power by using the Venom 400.

Specifically, at 40% throttle opening with the Venom 400, as much power is indicated as was produced at 60% throttle opening on the stock curve. And at 80% throttle opening with the Venom 400, as much power is indicated as at 90% throttle opening on the stock curve. At full throttle (100% throttle opening,) the venom curve matches the stock curve – which makes sense, since the Venom only claims to function during partial throttle operation.
Those of you who have read the previous tech articles on fuel delivery are probably laughing by now. This is because you know that the block learn feature of closed loop operation uses input from the exhaust gas oxygen content sensor to modify the PCM's response to any given set of input signals from the MAP and TPS sensors. So even if the Venom 400 were successful in altering the MAP and TPS inputs, the resulting richer-than-stoichiometric mixture would be detected by the oxygen sensor. And the block learn feature of closed loop operation would force the PCM to adjust its response to the new MAP and TPS signals until stoichiometric ratios were restored. Thus, by altering only MAP and TPS signals, the Venom 400 would have no permanent effect on closed loop fuel mixtures.

However, the fact that the Venom 400 probably does not work is contrary to our point. So for now, assume that the Venom 400 does work as claimed. And if so, then you will see that you can accomplish the same thing for free by pushing harder on the accelerator pedal.

What they fail to mention is that the amount of throttle opening is determined by the accelerator pedal – which is controlled by the driver with his or her right foot. So by simply pushing harder on the accelerator pedal, you can open the throttle as far as you want - for free. In other words, you do not need to spend money to go faster from a partial throttle position. You need only to open the throttle further until one of two things happens: 1) the car goes as fast as you want or 2) you reach full throttle and cannot push the pedal any further (at which point, the Venom 400 is useless since it only functions during partial throttle operation.)

So our advice is this: if you want your car to produce the power of a 60% throttle opening, just push harder on the accelerator pedal until the throttle is open 60%. And if you want your car to produce the power of a 90% throttle opening, just push harder on the accelerator pedal until the throttle is open 90%. And if you want even more power than that, push the pedal to the floor so that the throttle is open 100%.

This method does not cost anything, yet it accomplishes the same increase in power as Python Injection claims to deliver with the Venom 400.
Old 04-09-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

lol classic
Old 05-03-2008
Registered!!

nicokpe is an unknown quantity at this point

that classic
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

aliefjoker has a spectacular aura aboutaliefjoker has a spectacular aura about

Wow, three year bump huh?
Old 05-23-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, but at least he's searching.