Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Cca & H2o

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k Si MSTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Cca & H2o

i am considering upgrading to CCA, but i need a little info that i can't seem to find anywhere else... i have 2k SI, and my main concern is water. i've read that CCA can suck water into the intake tract and i don't want that... is there any totally effective countermeasure in preventing water from being sucked in? or does this only happen under extreme circumstancies? (i.e. completely submerged)

also: i've been mainly focusing my attention on K&N CCA (typhoon) , is there any other more effective alternative?
Old 01-10-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
what's cca? do u mean cai?
Old 01-10-2005
Registered!!

2k Si MSTR is an unknown quantity at this point
CCA; Complete Cold Air
Old 01-10-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 2k Si MSTR
i am considering upgrading to CCA, but i need a little info that i can't seem to find anywhere else... i have 2k SI, and my main concern is water. i've read that CCA can suck water into the intake tract and i don't want that... is there any totally effective countermeasure in preventing water from being sucked in? or does this only happen under extreme circumstancies? (i.e. completely submerged)

also: i've been mainly focusing my attention on K&N CCA (typhoon) , is there any other more effective alternative?

With AEM you can buy one of their "bypass valves". yes water can get sucked in if its submerged alot. this valve is just a foam filter that fits into the CAI tube somewhere. if the filter fails (submerged) then it sucks from the 'valve' not the normal filter.

AEM’s patented air bypass valve virtually eliminates the chance of hydro-lock in the event the filter of your AEM Cold Air induction system becomes submerged in water. The valve installs along the upper portion of the inlet pipe and shuts down induction at the filter when it becomes submerged, rerouting air through its external diaphragm to keep water out and air flowing in. Patent # 6,394,12
http://www.aempower.com/product_intake.asp