Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

transmission cooler installation?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
transmission cooler installation?

hey all i was just wondering if anyone knows how a transmission cooler is installed on an automatic LX? i havent been able to find any DIY's, would this involved any drilling? thnx.
Old 11-17-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Nope no drilling. The only thing you need to do is run an extra hose to replace one of the stock ones cause it's not long enough. And you need to know which direction fluid flows. But I just wedged the cooler between the radiator and condenser and then tightened the screws. It's wedged in there good.
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

dude, ur stalking me again lol. u did this a while back, answered every single one of my posts. alrighty though, i think ill be getting one soon since ive decided to go turbo. any recommendations? or should i just grab one off ebay?
Old 11-17-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
B&M is what I have. It's a smaller one but still should help. Get the best they have without going into the custom stuff. I think mine was $50 or something. But get a nice one especially for turbo.
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

yeah i will, i wont get anything that someone made in their backyard lol. oh and did u notice any difference after u installed it? or is it more or eless pointless for now?
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

CivicS is an unknown quantity at this point
is that thing really help at all.......any prove?
Old 11-17-2004
Premium Member

It did something I guess. Shifts are better and not so smooth anymore. I've heard heat kills 90% of transmissions, so keeping it cool will at least make the tranny last longer.
Old 11-17-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Looks like it's us 3 in this thread again........

I looked at B&M's site, and I couldnt find 1 for a manual tranny....
yes, heat does kill! My mom's odessey had a recall on the auto tranny b/c there is so much heat, they said 2nd gear could fail or ... melt away or something....
Old 11-17-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
I have one that is great for FI, but may be overkill unless you run @ the track a lot.

It is the B&M Hi-Tek Series......

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...=171775&page=1

Was asking $150, will take $125/BO
Old 11-17-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
BTW install is a breeze. No drilling.
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

k thnx, yeah ill just get some decent one off of ebay. 50-60$ hehe. oh and curiousfish i think that they are all the same, i dont think theres one for manual and one for auto. could be wrong though.
Old 11-17-2004
MIT
Registered!!

MIT is an unknown quantity at this point
oky, i'm lookin for one, any recommended brand? link?
thanks,
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

gearbox has b&m and that sounds good, so ill prolly go with that. i dont think it matters too much MIT, as long as it does its job, which is pretty easy lol.
Old 11-17-2004
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
i use to do these all the time when i worked for uhaul.. its said they will drop yer trany fluid 20-30 degrees.. ? who knows.. they gutta do something though.. so why not

they are cake to install.. easyest thing i have ever done.. ramps help a lot but you dont need to have them..

just remember to cut off the ends of the lil plastic thingies that are used to mount it or they will hit yer fan and make all sorts of bad noises till they finally snap off..
Old 11-17-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
crazy
Old 11-17-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by MIT
oky, i'm lookin for one, any recommended brand? link?
thanks,

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...=171775&page=1
Old 11-17-2004
Premium Member

Wow that's a nice one!
Old 11-17-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by gearbox
Wow that's a nice one!
Not to mention, this thing sells for almost $200, and I am selling it for $125 shipped because I am sick of seeing it sit around here.
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

pmed u dezod, interested in that cooler

Last edited by ricergribbs; 11-17-2004 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

CivicS is an unknown quantity at this point
$125.........dont wanna spend that high for cooler......