Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

k&n or AEM

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura aboutrokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura about
k&n or AEM

OK, I have an AEM CAI wich came with the K&N filter, I kinda wrecked my filter (dont ask) so im wondering can I buy a new filter from an auto parts store or do I have to buy it from AEM, Im just not sure if the K&N filter comes with the rubber piece that attaches to the end of the intake since I dont think the rubber piece comes off the filter. Hope this makes sense.
Old 09-26-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
They're all pretty much the same. Only thing is you need the right size for the intake.
Old 09-26-2004
Registered!!

rokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura aboutrokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura about
yeah but you know the rubber piece that hooks on to the intake? thats attached to the filter. So if I buy a new K&N filter how do I attach it to the intake since the filter doesn't come with the rubber piece.
Old 09-26-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
^^^^ i would like to know this too.. I step on my fliter by mistake
Old 09-26-2004
Registered!!

Mine is worse, I was cleaning my engine bay and put a plastic bag over the filter than forgot to take it off before I started my car, and it sucked the sides of the filter in trying to get air. It looks like someone stepped on it tho. I put it back on, Do ya think it will be ok to drive? I know it will be a little more restrictive but should be ok for a week or so dont ya think?
Old 09-26-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Um the rubber is part of the filter I thought.
Old 09-26-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
Um the rubber is part of the filter I thought.
ALl the filters I have seen have the rubber part attatched already. The local Pepboys or Autozone may have it. Check those places out.
Old 09-26-2004
Registered!!

jgoodfella1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think he's talking about the rubber adapter for the fipk II. It slides inbeteen the intake tube and the filter. I made one from rubber hose connectors at home depot.