Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

guys give me some advise on performance clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benj is an unknown quantity at this point
guys give me some advise on performance clutch

i am going to change my factory clutch next week, I am thinking to put a performance clutch.
But I don't know nothing about a performance clutch.
Anybody can tell me something about it and what is the different with a normal one. and does it tough to drive?

thanks guys.
Old 08-08-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
-->moved to other products and parts forum
Old 08-08-2004
Jspek Inspired

aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
most aftermarket clutches tend to be tougher, if you not looking for one to tough, then exedy would be the way to go.
Old 08-08-2004
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Very hard to drive STAGE 3 that is, but you would not need this unless your boosting the car? Is your clutch shot? Picture yourself churping every gear just about when ever you come to a stop light. Its a pain in traffic. There is no play on a high stage cluch as compared to your stock cluch. The after market clutch will just engage.
A great name for an aftermark clutch is CLUTCHMASTERS.
Old 08-08-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
well anything is pretty much better stock, just make sure you get a new flywheel, or resurface it
Old 08-09-2004
Registered!!

thanks everyone, i am gonna buy the exedy organic. How much is a deal for it?
Old 08-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by beastiek2
Very hard to drive STAGE 3 that is, but you would not need this unless your boosting the car? Is your clutch shot? Picture yourself churping every gear just about when ever you come to a stop light. Its a pain in traffic. There is no play on a high stage cluch as compared to your stock cluch. The after market clutch will just engage.
A great name for an aftermark clutch is CLUTCHMASTERS.
No one ever said anything about buying a stage 3 clutch. And everyone with a aftermarket clutch I have talked to loves them, they say there way better than stock.
Old 08-09-2004
This cost me 1500 points

^^ Yea he wants a performance clutch, so I gave my opinion on one cause I have driven it. And its hard, but fun w/ power. Now if he isnt getting a higher stage then there is no reason for him to pay attention, but if he was then now he knows.
Old 08-09-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
^^ Yea he wants a performance clutch, so I gave my opinion on one cause I have driven it. And its hard, but fun w/ power. Now if he isnt getting a higher stage then there is no reason for him to pay attention, but if he was then now he knows.
there is no need for a stage 3 even if you are boosting, a stage 1 or maybe a stage 2 would be fine. Unless you are always racing and are hard on your car, then a stage 3 might be good.
Old 08-09-2004
This cost me 1500 points

I think you would rather have a stage 3 if your boosting, as per my friends with turbos.
But you are right on our 7th gens there is no REAL need to change the clutch. Yea it is better but not needed any time soon after adding boost. I really dont know why this guys is changing his clutch and for what reason mmmmm
Old 08-09-2004
Registered!!

I think you would rather have a stage 3 if your boosting, as per my friends with turbos.
But you are right on our 7th gens there is no REAL need to change the clutch. Yea it is better but not needed any time soon after adding boost. I really dont know why this guys is changing his clutch and for what reason mmmmm
Well it is good to change the clutch. Alot of people shift hard and are hard on there trannies. That is why people are always going through clutches so fast. Now upgrading to a heavy duty clutch you can be hard on your tranny and the clutch will hold up longer, that is what they are made for. Another reason is if you race alot. Your stock clutch will go if you race alot. The heavy duty clutch will hold up alot longer.

He is probably changing his clutch cause he shifts hard and races, and he wants something that will hold up.
Old 08-09-2004
This cost me 1500 points

Originally Posted by streetglower
Well it is good to change the clutch. Alot of people shift hard and are hard on there trannies. That is why people are always going through clutches so fast. Now upgrading to a heavy duty clutch you can be hard on your tranny and the clutch will hold up longer, that is what they are made for. Another reason is if you race alot. Your stock clutch will go if you race alot. The heavy duty clutch will hold up alot longer.

He is probably changing his clutch cause he shifts hard and races, and he wants something that will hold up.
Yup yup good postin.. I guess we'll see when he replys back.
Old 08-09-2004
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
pssh who needs clutches. I like my bike.
Old 08-09-2004
Registered!!

Yup yup good postin.. I guess we'll see when he replys back.
Maybe he justs feels the need to spend money, who knows.
Old 08-10-2004
Registered!!

the reason why I need to change my clutch is that my stock clutch is sliping and the release bearing is making some noise now, I want to get a better clutch cause I do engine brake offen, so I need a clutch last longer.
Old 08-10-2004
This cost me 1500 points

^^ yup no need for a higher stage.
Old 10-22-2004
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
I think engine braking is bad, I hardly do it, maybe like 5th to 4th but thats about it. These stock Civics clutches are week and not made for performance, my bearings getting a little louder. I have a EXEDY sitting here in front of me, not installed yet.
Old 10-22-2004
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
All i have to say is if you get a stage 2 clutch or higher, have fun driving. You'll drive your car like its the first time you've ever driven a 5speed. Takes some time getting used to because their is no feathering... it's either engaged or not.

I know some people that have put aftermarket clutches in and honestly... it makes it harder to get a good launch.
Old 10-22-2004
Registered!!

ebencosme has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i put a clutch on my civic and it worth me alot of pain cuz this guy bought me clutchnet stage 3 and my tranny is making a wear noise don't know what it is but i bought another tranny cuz it's going worse and worse i'm thinking if is the throwout bearing but when i realase the clutch it make that noise (graining) but when i put my big foot it goes away, but something i notice when i go to 1st gear it make the noise when the clutch is down anybody having same problem. cuz i'm thinking of buying another kit stage 2 but i will go with exedy or clutchmaster just need to find a good price i was checking on the store but it cost me for and exedy kit stage 1 $329.00
Old 10-23-2004
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Exedy organic is an excellent part. They (Daikin Clutch) is an OEM supplier of clutches and knows what they're doing.