Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Performance Modifications Suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
faultyscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Performance Modifications Suggestions???

I'm a newbie to modication and was looking into adding some performance to my Civic EX. I wanted to know which modifications would be the most cost effective for the amount of performance it will give me. I don't have an unlimited budget, but willing to spend for decent parts. I was looking to get a new exhaust and possibly a cold air intake (AEM probably) first. Would these mods be the most effective for the price? I'm not looking to modify suspension or anything like that - I just wanted to know what comes first - when you guys started out what did you do first? And for a new exhaust system - I hate something that's blaring loud - what would give me a good performance to noise ratio? I appreciate any help, advice, or suggestions you may have - Thanks!
Old 04-13-2004
Registered!!

DCivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Intake, Headers, Exhaust...
Old 04-13-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
intake:
all the same reall in regards to performance.

exhaust:
tanabe-ws
dc- t.c.s

Header:
DC

get a grounding wire kit off ebay for cheap.

I'm still building my site for actual pics of product that fit a coupe but check it out if you want.

http://www.flashbuilder.net/users/pu...ivic/main.html
Old 04-13-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Dollar for Dollar, suspension parts will yeald More gains in performance then just about any engine part.

"If you dont have to slow down for the corners, then you dont need alot of power to win"

Pick the right suspenison part, tie them in with the right wheels and tires, and you will have a car that loves the corners. It may not be fast in the striaght-a-ways, but you'll love the corners.

I wish I had every last cent I spent on engine parts, just so that I could spend it on Suspension and tires.....
Old 04-13-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
an Intake and Exhuast is a must. My APC intake and APC exhuast muffler gave me gains of 47.5765 horse power.

Good Luck!!
Old 04-13-2004
Registered!!

PoisonFangs is an unknown quantity at this point
Get some nitrous oxide, thats a good bang for the buck product.
Old 04-13-2004
Registered!!

Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
Take a high performance driving class or a couple of trips autoxing, then you can take people on the offramps...
Old 04-13-2004
Registered!!

PoisonFangs is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like the high performance driving class that would be awesome. Or like a stunt driving school .
Old 04-14-2004
Registered!!

faultyscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey - thanks for all the suggestions! I think I'll do an exhaust and cold air intake first along with a Xenon or Wings West Body Kit (like both - still deciding which kit I'll get). I probably won't be doing these mods till the summer when I have some more $$.

I was also wondering if a warranty can possbily be voided be the introduction of foreign (non-Honda) parts not serviced or installed by Honda mechanics. I have an extended 7-year/75,000 mile warranty on the car and would hate for it to be voided due to 2 small engine mods. From what I've gathered - the only way it could be voided would be if the a certain problem can be traced to the new part or a faulty installation of a new part not by Honda. Is this true?
Old 04-14-2004
Registered!!

Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
Your warrenty will be fine as long as they can't prove your aftermarket part caused the failuer. For example, lets say you install a CAI, and for whatever reason the hose pops off and something gets sucked into your engine, that would not be covered under warrenty, however lets say your main bearing on your crank shaft fragments, there's no way a CAI could do that, so your warrenty would still be intact.