Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

ACT Xtreme pressure plate&disc, prolite flywheel-UPDATED, REVIEW 1st post!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
ACT Xtreme pressure plate&disc, prolite flywheel-UPDATED, REVIEW 1st post!!!

Bottom of this post...

ok...
ACT Prolite 8.2lb Flywheel
ACT Stage 2 Extreme pressure plate
ACT Stage 2 Extreme Disc
Nachi bearings and ACT alignment tool...

All these parts were shipped by Dezod.com. mad props to them... Not only did I order last thursday, he talked to me on a personal level making me feel comfortable sendin him the cash. Parts came in in one big box, with air packets on top to protect them. Boxes were in perfect condiiton.

Pics...

***UPDATE * * *

All I can say is thank you DEZOD!!! Car runs ten times better than stock. Smoother on the highway as well. It can increase revs close to the speed of a motor cycle. The clutch is VERY firm to push down, harder than my friend's 97GSX with Centerforce Clutch and ACT Flywheel. The engagement point is no more than an inch of the floor and still smooth.

Car is a lot faster!!! It at only 4psi we were dead even in a 4th gear pull from 60-120 (i had to shift to 5th lol). But at only 4 I was dead even with a modded GSX (intake, N1 catback, hks bov, and 16psi).

Any questions please ask!!! I'm so psyched I can't think of anything specific but if you're still wondering about things let me know.

Last edited by MadWheel; 01-17-2004 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2004
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
nice
Old 01-12-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
sweet......i am getting the exact same stuff later on.....except i am getting the stage 1 kit.

Let us know how the install goes
Old 01-12-2004
Premium Boosted Member

BUY FROM DEZOD!!! I can't stress it enough... 2 reasons.... He is one of the very few who even has these parts in stock... he alsp ships quick and has better prices than anyone else I've seen (excluding some from ebay - but why take the risk?).... Yeah, he has stage 1-4 street and extreme.... Ok I'm done bragging lol... Look for soon to be released videos, dynos, and more pics...
Old 01-12-2004
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice your gonna love them!

i have stage 3 extreme and no complaints here.
Old 01-12-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
so what was the dollar damage?
Old 01-12-2004
Premium Boosted Member

I can't really say... Sponser prices hehe...

But...
Stage 2 Extreme plate and disc: $382, add $227 if you want the flywheel. All the bearings and allignment tool come with this purchase.

Total would be $609 plus ship, he has them in stock too!
Old 01-12-2004
*BoY*CaR* *GiRL*DRivER*

fine02civicgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
that's nice...

but i bet they'd be nicer if i knew what they were
Old 01-12-2004
Premium Boosted Member

lol. they help me accelerate. leave it at that.
Old 01-13-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Yes, anyone needs any ACT, Exedy or Centerforce clutches, please pm me. We have the hook up!
Old 01-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bellz has a spectacular aura aboutBellz has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by fine02civicgurl
that's nice...but i bet they'd be nicer if i knew what they were
For fine02civicgurl,
How clutches work link.
Old 01-13-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good madwheel. How long have you gone on the stock clutch with the turbo? What are the specs for the parts, if you dont mind me asking? Hope to see the review soon.
Old 01-14-2004
Premium Boosted Member

For the clutch, I put the turbo on at 26000 miles, now I have 31000 miles. The car has seen a ton of track abuse, even before the turbo. It held up very well considering the mods I put into it.

For the parts, go to the dezod.com site, then go by the description I gave for the part numbers. I'm at college right now so I don't have that much time to link it, but they got 'em!
Old 01-14-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by MadWheel
For the clutch, I put the turbo on at 26000 miles, now I have 31000 miles. The car has seen a ton of track abuse, even before the turbo. It held up very well considering the mods I put into it.

For the parts, go to the dezod.com site, then go by the description I gave for the part numbers. I'm at college right now so I don't have that much time to link it, but they got 'em!
http://www.dezod.com/pd_act_clutch_k...16l17l_all.cfm

http://www.dezod.com/pd_act_prolite_xact.cfm

Linkified~
Old 01-14-2004
Registered!!

Cool thanks Dezod. btw, nice looking website.
Old 01-14-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally posted by Green Civic
Cool thanks Dezod. btw, nice looking website.

Thank you Green Civic. I take that to heart considering I do all of the designing.
Old 01-14-2004
Registered!!

berettagtz117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by dezod
Thank you Green Civic. I take that to heart considering I do all of the designing.
Dezod, You are one smart **** I tryed setting up my webpage for my racing team "SICKWITITRACING" that shizzle takes some talent mad props bro..
My income tax is almost hear woohoo Happy spending for me ....
Old 01-14-2004
Registered!!

No problem. I helped with a little of the designing and building of the company I work for. Its really hard work. What did you use, not to get ot.
Old 01-14-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally posted by berettagtz117
Dezod, You are one smart **** I tryed setting up my webpage for my racing team "SICKWITITRACING" that shizzle takes some talent mad props bro..
My income tax is almost hear woohoo Happy spending for me ....

Yeah I like to think that the 4 years and $20,000 that I spent on my education pays off every now and then.

Old 01-14-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally posted by Green Civic
No problem. I helped with a little of the designing and building of the company I work for. Its really hard work. What did you use, not to get ot.

All of my HTML is self taught by books, from friends, etc. I used some FP & Dreamweaver too. The shopping cart is a piece that I purchased. End result=Dezod.com
Old 01-14-2004
7thgen Power Maker

All of my HTML is self taught by books, from friends, etc. I used some FP & Dreamweaver too. The shopping cart is a piece that I purchased. End result=Dezod.com

Logos I take no credit in designing. I just influence, suggest and approve. I have my friend Micah and another person who does the banner ads & logos. The sig & top banner right now are done by the same person, who does excellent work.
Old 01-14-2004
Premium Boosted Member

Car is in the shop!!! Picking it up on Saturday at 1 P.M.. Should run very well, hopfully I'll get vids up before the weekend passes. Also expect a very detailed review.

I got the flywheel, pressure plate, and disc, installed for $205.
Old 01-15-2004
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
do we really lose power with that 8.2 lb flywheel if we don't have turbo? i heard even with 300+ hp, that flywheel is too friggin light...i dunno, is all this stuff tru? shoudl i be safe a stick with the 12 lb one?
Old 01-16-2004
Premium Boosted Member

Well that's kinda vague...

basically, you want different flywheels for different applications.

A heavier flywheel is nice for daily driving because you can use engine momentum to help you up shift. It's also good for drag racing for the same reason. More mass equals more momentum. This means that each time you shift, the rotational mass of the flywheel wants to keep spinning, this giving you the jerk when you shift quick (helping you accelerate slightly faster for a brief period of time).

A light flywheel helps for low end power. The rotational mass that helps you accelerate is the same rotational mass that your engine has to fight to get the wheels spinning. This is good for road applications because there's less strain on the engine, freeing up the motor. Though your crank hp is the same, whp will rise slightly, similar to a crank pulley.

I chose the 8.2lb because my car is being built for high speed road racing. I also like a very responsive engine, and the 8lb wheel will let me rev much much faster.

You make the decision on what application is right for you, keep in mind that stock can also be better suited if you do nothing but dail driving.
Old 01-16-2004
Premium Boosted Member

BTW I should be getting my car back a day early. Expect a review either late tonight or sometime tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Old 01-16-2004
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
This thread is only 1 page, so how can the update be on the 2nd page??? anyways, that clutch looks really nice... Hopefully I'll go will the same setp exact, I would get the streetlite instead of prolite on the flywheel... thats a good price for installation, considering the amount of labor involved, hopefully I can find a shop around me that would do that, anyways, can't wait to read how it is once you get your car back, good luck man!!!
Old 01-16-2004
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'll be waitin for that review...thnx alot madwheel, that clears up alot of my questions... and although im planning to use my car for daily driving, its always useful for me if it was more responsive also, so update us on how the drive feels, whether you get faster smoother acceleration, or easier/harder to shift, more jerkiness etc.

if all is well, i'm really gonna look into these!
Old 01-16-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally posted by chocobo15_2000
i'll be waitin for that review...thnx alot madwheel, that clears up alot of my questions... and although im planning to use my car for daily driving, its always useful for me if it was more responsive also, so update us on how the drive feels, whether you get faster smoother acceleration, or easier/harder to shift, more jerkiness etc.

if all is well, i'm really gonna look into these!
Let us know Choco, we'll take care of ya just like we did on the Tanabe brace!
Old 01-16-2004
Premium Boosted Member

Yeah guys sounds good.

IDQ, the update is on the 2nd page for those who use default settings on the website, instead of changing the settings to view more than the default amount per page.

But yeah, review on for tomorrow night. Picking up the car 11am on saturday.