Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Custom chips for us

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Custom chips for us

There's this company called Superchips who makes applications for domestic vehicles, but they have a section called "custom" on their website where they say:

Have you modified your vehicle already? Headers, Throttle Body, Air Intake, Injectors? Let Superchips help you get the most out of your modifications with Superchips Custom Tuning. Whether itıs one modification or a dozen, Superchips can provide you with the custom module specifically designed for your ride and the performance youıre looking for.
So call Superchips today and find out how we can help you maximize your modifications.

Just another alternative for us. Their stuff seems to be around $419, but it doesn't require sending your ECU away to have it reprogrammed like JET does.

Basically you connect this thing to your ECU and answer some questions with the handheld device and it reprograms your stuff. It says it reprograms it ever 200rpm, which is cool.

Here are instructions.

I might email them if I'm feeling more motivated later.
Old 11-21-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
I've seen this in comercials. They were for trucks tho. To give them more pulling power/torque/hp. But it looks too simple...kinda skeptical.
Old 11-21-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
And before everyone asks, I don't know if this will remove your rev limiter, so don't bitch about it. Why the hell is everyone so bent on removing their rev limiter anyway? Do you all want to blow up your engines?
Old 11-21-2003
Premium Member

Originally posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
I've seen this in comercials. They were for trucks tho. To give them more pulling power/torque/hp. But it looks too simple...kinda skeptical.
Hey, more low end torque is fine with me. Remember the formula. Since hp is derived from torque, more torque at any given rpm = more hp at that rpm.
Old 11-21-2003
Registered!!

czechcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
someone should ask them what kind of gains are possible with what parts???They must of tested it right...THeyll bullshit though..im just curious......
Old 11-21-2003
Premium Member

Originally posted by czechcivic
someone should ask them what kind of gains are possible with what parts???They must of tested it right...THeyll bullshit though..im just curious......

Well, since it gives gains in percentages, then the more hp-increasing parts you have before you get it, most likely the more hp you will get from it.
Old 11-21-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
10% HP would be 12 hp to the crank and 13% torque would be 14 lbs to the crank. Don't think that it will give us much to the wheels.

I saw a similar product on TV that will actually let you change your rev limiter and stuff, but they usually only make those for American cars.
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

RoBBUsaF is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by IronFist
And before everyone asks, I don't know if this will remove your rev limiter, so don't bitch about it. Why the hell is everyone so bent on removing their rev limiter anyway? Do you all want to blow up your engines?
i need to get rid of my rev limiter...
Old 05-11-2004
Pro Skater

blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
ive seen em all ver tv but it looks liek its only for domestics and they are mad for certain cars each sep. machine...i dunno i always wonderied if the work for our cars..plus the commercials always say almost 100 hp increase but they show it on trucks...
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

crap.. this sux. i hate how theres nothing decent for our cars... and how everything i have is all custom fabricated... why cant they just do it already.. sheesh. i know the answer, im just venting..
Old 05-11-2004
Creative Mind Extraodinare

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
Superchips for gas jobbies will get you miminal gains that is unless you have a high performance ride like a corvette, viper, camaro etc. If you look on thier site they have a print out for the gains you will achieve on all gas jobs. They are like anywhere from 5-20 HP and torque gains aren't much. Where they seem to work is on automatic trannys. They firm up the shift points and give moderate mileage gains. If you have a diesel truck though, the gains are huge. You would be better off doing exhaust and intake and get the same results as a superchips.
Old 05-11-2004
Premium Member

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
Why do u guys want to remove your rev limiters? The only way you should ever so that is if your block and head are completely built. Goodness, the things you could do to your motor.
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

my block and head is completely built... im gonna see over 300whp...
but i need rev limiter gone:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...07#post2019607