Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Automatic Shift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Automatic Shift Kit

yeah i've searched under "auto shift kit" but i can't find anything...i whuz wondering who makes a AUTO shift kit for us AUTOMATIC drivers...i know b&m doesn't make one...i remember seeing a thread about this way WAY back...i just can't find it...any links would be helpful, and please post links if they have applications available for the 2001+ civics...thanks!!
Old 07-09-2003
Registered!!

CelCUs is an unknown quantity at this point
I have no idea what you are asking for?
Old 07-09-2003
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
ah.. shift kit? to do what?

there's no need for a shift kit...

if anything, there's the auto to manual boot conversion.. basically still an auto, but u'll have the manual's leather boot and shift ****...

there's no auto shift kit out there..

there's an aftermarket torque convertor for the automatics however.

you can search on torque convertor to find more info on that.
Old 07-09-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
No there is some thing that lots of people know as a "shift kit". What it does; it replaces some if the transmission internals and also provides for stronger pressure. This will make an auto put more power to the ground. I knew a guy that had a 92 Cavalier RS 2.2 with a three speed AT. He put a shift kit and the car came to life it actually burned rubber in 1st and a little in 2nd.

PaCiFiKbAllA---- I was told that since our transmission are electronically control there is no shift kit for us. I also heard that one can purchase a computer to readjust the transmission and change the gearing ratio. If you can find a shift kit for our transmission please let me know I’m really interested in getting one as well if they become available.
Old 07-09-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
damn...that sounds hella dope...good luck in ur serach for the shift kit...and keep us updated...sounds interesting
Old 07-09-2003
YS
Registered!!

YS is an unknown quantity at this point
you could change the torque converter for A/T
www.jmousa.com
http://hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0211ht_converter/
Old 07-09-2003
Registered!!

gmilkmanx is an unknown quantity at this point
i found this a couple of days ago. i think this is what you are looking for
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...55&prmenbr=361
i think this is what you need
Old 07-09-2003
Registered!!

CrankinCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
have you guys tried level ten auto trans missions .. im sure that they would know who would make one .. i know they make a few parts for out cars .. expensive but i guess worth it i dont know them
Old 07-09-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
just curious...what does the TCI Master Racing Overhaul Kits do
Old 07-09-2003
Premium Member

Originally posted by gmilkmanx
i found this a couple of days ago. i think this is what you are looking for
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...55&prmenbr=361
i think this is what you need

WOW $219.00 thats a lot. I wonder what the gains would be.
The Shift kit "Shift Correction Package" that my buddy bought was only $41.99 at NAPA
Old 07-09-2003
YS
Registered!!

Originally posted by EManEX
WOW $219.00 thats a lot. I wonder what the gains would be.
The Shift kit "Shift Correction Package" that my buddy bought was only $41.99 at NAPA
what's that? what it will do?? is that for 7thgen?
Old 07-09-2003
Premium Member

Originally posted by YS
what's that? what it will do?? is that for 7thgen?
That is what the guy I know got. It help his car (92 Cavalier RS 2.2L) deliver more power to the ground. No its not for the 7thgen I looked to see if there was something for the 7thgen but there is nothing.
Old 07-09-2003
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the replys fellaz...i know all about who sells torque converters for our cars and there seem to be like 3 places that do...i called JMO a while back and asked them how much the peformance torque converters were, and he said there were 2 stages....stage 1 TC cost $300 and that stage 2 cost $1000(but he knocks $300 dollaz off!!) so the stage 2 TC cost $700. I asked him what he would recommend for modz such as mine and he said the stage 2 would be more than enuff(of course the sucker is just tryin to sell me the most expensive thang!).

So anyways....Level 10, i've checked them out a long time ago and they seem to have the most expensive peformance trannies and TC....of course they're all bulletproof and can withstand ALOT of heat....if I had the money ($3500) I'd buy it...

EMANEX: i'll keep you posted as soon as more info comes avail to me.

I want to keep my car NA and I might try out the JMO torque converter and probably save for the Level 10 Tranny....i wanna see what kinda potential i can pull outta my 7th Gen AT...hope i can get like 250-275HP at the wheel without N20 or Turbo or the K20 Swap...
Old 07-09-2003
Registered!!

azure is on a distinguished road
Let me know how that goes PaCiFiKbAllA. I have an automatic as well. I wouldn't mind going the NA route.
Old 07-09-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Azure
Let me know how that goes PaCiFiKbAllA. I have an automatic as well. I wouldn't mind going the NA route.
No Problem man...i'll keep u informed as well!
Old 07-09-2003
Registered!!

booner05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Some guy installed a B&M ratchet shifter into his 2002 WRX and it's the fastest WRX in the world. With some real work, not just bolt on, maybe a shift kit could be installed into a Civic. Depending on the model B&M shift kits can run from $100 to $300. We'd need one of the 4 gear transmission kits for our Civics
Old 07-10-2003
Registered!!

HondaCivicEX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
keep me informed to! i want more power in my auto to
Old 07-10-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
put me on that "keep posted" list as well, i plan on getting a torque converter and overhaul kit but thats cuz i plan on take the boosted route.
Old 07-10-2003
YS
Registered!!

Old 07-10-2003
YS
Registered!!

Old 07-10-2003

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
YS-
i'm assuming that since you have the license plate cover you got a torque converter...how good does it work? do you notice a difference in the shifting or any increase in speed when you floor it off the line?
Old 07-10-2003
YS
Registered!!

More gas Mileage (i could go 450miles w/ 1 full tank), smoother gear change/shifting, better acceleration.....
Old 07-10-2003

DAAAMMNNN!! 450 with a single tank!! do you have a intake and exhaust, the intake killed my MPG, i get like 280-290. "smoother gear shifting"...so it has less power loss between shifts? did you DIY or have it installed, if so how much $$$?
Old 07-10-2003
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
450 is in the ballpark of a manual, but driven with economy in mind.

thats purty good for an auto.

I didn't know there are "shift kits," as someone would put it out for our gen though.. I know there are internals that can be swap to the auto tranny to replace the plates etc. so it'll handle more power.. but ah..

I've heard conflicting reports on level 10 torque convertors...

some like it, some wish they didn't get it...

appearantly there's some quality issue. but this is like 2nd hand source, a simple search online will find some pros and cons to it.... I think.
Old 07-10-2003
Registered!!

azure is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by CapYoda
...I know there are internals that can be swap to the auto tranny to replace the plates etc. so it'll handle more power.. but ah...
What are they called? Do you know? It sounds like it will cost a lot of $$$ for labor to install those plates, etc.
Old 07-10-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Derek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz Erthang
i got quoted $400 for a "shift kit" from a reputable place here.
I will prolly get it done.
Old 07-10-2003
YS
Registered!!

Originally posted by 18secQuaterMile
DAAAMMNNN!! 450 with a single tank!! do you have a intake and exhaust, the intake killed my MPG, i get like 280-290. "smoother gear shifting"...so it has less power loss between shifts? did you DIY or have it installed, if so how much $$$?
INTAKE = Racer Design Aero Intake AIK-01C - check out my web / my ride

NO DIY - Honda Tuning Magazine
Old 07-10-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
How do you get better gas mileage AND better acceleration? I thought the two were mutually exclusive?

Anyway... a shift kit... does that give you control over the gears like sequential shifting or.. Paddle shifters ?

Or is it just the same as stock automatic, but just with more power?

IronFist
Old 07-10-2003
YS
Registered!!

Originally posted by IronFist
............. just the same as stock automatic, but just with more power? .........

IronFist [/B]
that one
Old 07-11-2003
Registered!!

Ahh..."YS" got the good **** in his car...yeah I cant wait to get a JMO Torque Converter...you see? we can make an AT quicker...just cost a bit more!

Quick Reply: Automatic Shift Kit