Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Water pump /timing

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joenawrockis is an unknown quantity at this point
Water pump /timing

so im really hoping i didnt mess anything up here but all i did was put in a new water pump and i have had to time my engine once before honestly not any longer then like 4 months ago and all went well, and im almost certain its in time this time around too because i did the two revolutions before peicing it all back together . So when i got around to starting it, it turns over and its trying to and nothing sounds goofy up front either but i did notice a strong odor of gas for whatever reason when i went to crank it over i dont have a lot of gas in my car could that be an issue im almost swapping put all my plugs because they were pretty fouled so ill update once i do that
Old 07-16-2018
Super Moderator

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,303 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: Water pump /timing

It's easy enough to recheck timing. If you think that could be the issue then check before cranking again. Any new fault codes?
Old 07-16-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joenawrockis is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you figure easy I guess cuz I’m not really in the mood to take apart everything on the left side of the engine again but I feel like that’s whats gonna have to happen regardless um in my chilton manual it said to cut off the fuel supply while doing all that however I spaced that tbh would that have any great affect cuz I took all my plugs out car was in neutral n such as well. That’s funny you say that cuz before this project prolly close to a week tried three different scanners and they either can’t connect to the car or tell me there’s no codes found which was never the case at one point n time
Old 07-17-2018
Super Moderator

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,303 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Pull of the valve cover and top timing belt cover, turn engine over until TDC marks on the camshaft pulley line up, then check the marks on the crankshaft pulley. I would think your Chilton manual would give directions.