Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

purchased exhaust..

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meels808 is an unknown quantity at this point
purchased exhaust..

well after the long debate of which exhaust i should get, i made my decision and went out and bought the dc sports tcs, it hasnt arrived in the shop yet and the total cost was around 600, which isnt that bad, the shop is trying to charge me $80.00 to put it on i thought the exhaust wasnt really all that hard to put on, anyways i got a pair of matrix ultra white fog lights that i am gonna ask them to throw on there for me too, but my question is do you think these fog lights are worth puttin on our cars i am not sure. should be installin the exhaust next week let you know how it goes!
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
You should just put it on yourself. Its not that hard at all. if you can work a wrench and change some bolts then that's all there is to it. Just jack your car up and go from there. Plus you get the satisfaction knowing that you did it yourself.
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's a good price man...a little high on the install, but I'm gonna buy mine through Jotech and have them install it and its gonna be 650 installed, so that's cool.....let me know what you think about the TCS, that's the one I'm definitely gonna get...it's a lot more quiet and they look hardcore as hell man !! Let me know
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

VanDizKo is an unknown quantity at this point
U got a good deal for the TCS exhaust system, but it would be a great deal if u install it yourself, to save $80 from the shop. Just like IDQCivic said "It is not hard to do", all u gotta do is jack your ride up and twisted a few bolts, and u got it done in no time. By the way, TCS is a bolt on exhaust system, and there is a reason for that, easy and fast installation to let u save money. In my opinion, I would try to work on my car by myself with my buddies as much as possible to save money and learn more things about car, but most important is to get to know my car. Also, CATZ and PIAA frog lights is my choice because they give your car a genuwine look with style and brilliant brightness light.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-12-2001
First to spool
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

riceburnrex has disabled reputation
The TCS exhaust is great, I've got it on my EX. Took me around 30 min to install, and everything fit perfectly. It's the best sounding exhaust in my opinion, none of that pissed-off-weed-eater-in-a-cave noise.
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

SilverCivic2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats on ur exhaust purchase. my local shop does the bolt on for around $80 also. I'd try to do it myself, and then if I couldnt, I would pay them to. Sorry to change the subject...but I do not want a quiet exhaust. I dont want a sh!ty weedeater sound, but I do want it to be hella loud. I thought that was one of the main points(besides an extra 6-15 H.p.) to buy an exhaust. So does anyone know of a bolt-on for the 2k1's that is kinda loud??? Please P.M. me or respond by posting.
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

SilverCivic2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry...double post
[IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

2002silvercivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey RiceBurnrEX, how much of a gain did you get off of the TCS? I'm thinking about getting that, a GReddy Evo, or a Thermal Exhaust