HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

02 Civic - Anzo USA Headlights

Old 05-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
02 Civic - Anzo USA Headlights

Hey Guys,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section and no clue what wording to properly use in the search feature. Anyways I hope you can give me some insight and let me what I'll need to make this project successful.

I have a pair of Anzo USA projector headlights that I want to install on my car, but I want to install a HID kit in the halogen projector housing for low beam, while keeping the other reflector as a halogen bulb to operate as DRL/High Beam.

The low beam is a H3 bulb, while the high beam/DRL is a H1 bulb...the problem is the stock wiring on im guessing 01-03 is H4. I have a feeling in order for this to work I'll probably need a relay of some sort, fuse, maybe additional wiring?

If you can let me know if this possible to do? What supplies I'll need? Also if you can provide a guide or steps on how to connect everything.

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2012
Registered!!

chalz37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 02 Civic - Anzo USA Headlights

This is my situation as well Eagerly watching
Old 11-25-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chalz37
This is my situation as well Eagerly watching
You need to tap into the original wire harness to run the second bulb. 01-03 civic has 1 bulb with both high and low, so 1 wire to activate low, another for high.
Old 11-27-2012
Registered!!

chalz37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
You need to tap into the original wire harness to run the second bulb. 01-03 civic has 1 bulb with both high and low, so 1 wire to activate low, another for high.
Thanks for your advise but Id prefer not to splice into the original h4 wiring. Anyone have any experience retrofitting these anzo headlights with morimoto minis? I'm debating whether to do it but not sure if the minis will fit into the projector housing
Old 11-28-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Do yourself a favor and buy or make a relay harness. The headlights should come with a harness that splits the high-low beam for you.

As for the projectors not fitting, they should, you just might have to get creative to mount them and still retain full adjustability. My TYC headlights have TSX projectors mounted in them, fully adjustable, too, so I have no doubt that the morimoto minis will fit. However, I can't take credit for doing the retrofit.