West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Arizona help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02CarbonCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Arizona help...

I am thinking about getting on at a department in Arizona.... I found some places hiring on a website but I dont know anything about the towns so will you guys give me some info on ....
Scottsdale
Chandler
crap I forgot the other one... anyway thanks
Old 04-26-2002
7thgens other Official Five O'

AZ2K1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
By departments you mean police? I work at the Coconino County Sheriffs Office in northern AZ and Im looking
to hire on down in Phoenix also. Im gonna test with Scottsdale, Peoria, and Arizona State Univ police. I know
that Scottsdale PD has a pretty long psych test that they conduct besides the polygraph and background
investigation. Scottsdale also pays 40K+ to start. I dont know anything about Chandler. Scottsdale is a
wealthier part of town. Chandler is south of Phx. Phoenix itself is huge and the officers are getting raises all
the time. I have 2 friends working for them. Peoria is in the northwest part of the metro area and is a pretty
nice area too. Glendale is always hiring but I wouldnt work there unless you wanna deal with a lot of gangs
and things. Mesa pays pretty well and I have a friend working for them. All the academys are about the same.
There is Paradise Valley but you have to 4 years experience on the road already. There's Tempe where ASU is.
Gilbert, Surprise, and Avondale are fast growing communities that are currently hiring too.

If you wanna look into Sheriffs Offices then think about Maricopa County. Their deputys get paid pretty well
and they work the whole county.

My advice to you would be to call them and talk to someone. See what they all have to offer.

Where are you moving from?

Chris
Old 04-28-2002
Registered!!

02CarbonCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow thanks Chris.... I visited Arizona a few years back and I have always wanted to live there ever since and I was on a cop website the other day just killing time and I saw an ad for scottsdale and I thought that would be an idea especially when I saw that they get paid I think 42k starting.... I just work for a small department here in Oklahoma and only make 36k but our cost of living isn't as much as yours.... anyway thanks for all that info

Josh
Old 04-28-2002

Good luck.

If you do move out here then you should come to out meets. We've met once and we're trying to schedule another one pretty soon. There are some nice 2K1s out here.
Old 04-28-2002
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
How much school is required to be a cop I kinda wanna do something like that or work with drugs narcotic since i used to be into that[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] Or just work with computers [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-28-2002
Registered!!

lidcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yay Stephan! Be a cop You can protect the mean streets of Edmonds from drugs, hehehe. Plus you can bust people for having smoked/cleared lights [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Lidia
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-28-2002

It depends eXNBP. Some agencies want you to have a BA and others dont care. The bottom line is that
you're gonna learn anything from your training from the academy and field training (FTO). The degree is
a piece of paper and thats it. Most of the departments say that you cant have smoked weed in the past
3 or 4 years and you cant have done any of the hard drugs. They really get into your head and past
criminal history (if you have one). No prior Felonys or too many misdemeanors. No sex with animals,
and yes they did ask me that question when I was going thru the hiring process.

Thats that basic requirements of most agencies.

Chris
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

SaiyanMatador is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man, so your new to the territory, well basically me and chris(az2k1civic) and illusiveimports are the only main posts here on the west, theres a couple more; mokushi, essa, and a few more, but welcome to the club hopefully well see you more at the pavillions and in case you dont know where its at, just post the question, for now post more and get to know us, well hang out, swap info, and ive got some great new information on a motor swap with an rsx type s the k20 motor into our cars, heeheh ask me more later, well see ya
eric