West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Las Vegas Autocross!!!! First event of the season (Update..)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Las Vegas Autocross!!!! First event of the season (Update..)

This event has been cancled by the Speedway. reason: We are now required to use the speedways EMT and fire crews and both were allready booked for other events on those days. (Bastards)

The local region SCCA isnt very pleased with the Las Vegas Motor Speedway right now, they have increaced there lot rental fee by 50% over last year ($1,600 per day) and now they require us to use their EMT and fire crews, and we have to pay them ($30 an hour) so basically the Speedway is slowly pricing them selves out of business, at least for us. so for us to be able to keep offering Autocross we need more people to attend. we have to average 80 cars an event to break even. If youve ever wanted to race, have a friend whos tired of going in straight lines, any one. we would love to have you out. Its Great fun and there are a lot of good people there.

well Our first local event has been set. its at the end of February, 21,22. Thats Saturday and Sunday! so all you guys that go to church can come and play! at least on Saturday.

More info can be found here

and if you've never autocrossed before, Print out this PDF and bring it with you... The event will be FREE, yes FREE!!! so now you have no excuse to not show up.

See ya there and keep the shiny side up!!!

Last edited by Zzyzx; 02-04-2004 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2004
Registered!!

one for the kid is an unknown quantity at this point
what time does it start and end? i think me and jeremy are supposed to put on my crank pulley on the 21st (that's the only day i could get off ... ) . maybe we can go to this thing first and then work on the car??

how often do they have these events?
Old 01-28-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
we try to get in 2 events a month, onece the season starts. some times one events at the beging and ones at the end of the month and some times we run a 2 day event like this one.

Most start at 7:30 and run to around 4:00, 2 sessions Morning and afternoon. its great fun.