Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction methods (Turbos & Nitrous Oxide) and swaps here

What engines can I swap to increase power?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clopez95ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation What engines can I swap to increase power?

good engines to swap with on a 1995 honda civic ex d16z6 prefirably non-vtec
Old 12-15-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: What engines can I swap to increase power?

Please don't make multiple threads for one topic, post any questions you have in the first thread you made.

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2010
Registered!!

dpcpeoriaserver is an unknown quantity at this point

vtec is an asset if you are doing an all motor set up. in that case save your pennies and get a b18c gsr motor. if wiring up the vtec is an issue, learn how because its well worth it. if you want to go with forced induction go with a b18b non vtec. i got an all motor setup in my 98 civic coupe, b18c1 and it turns high 14s stock.
Old 12-18-2010
Registered!!

civicnewb is an unknown quantity at this point

why do you want a non vtec b18b for forced iduction? what are your reasons? i was going to go b18c

Originally Posted by dpcpeoriaserver
vtec is an asset if you are doing an all motor set up. in that case save your pennies and get a b18c gsr motor. if wiring up the vtec is an issue, learn how because its well worth it. if you want to go with forced induction go with a b18b non vtec. i got an all motor setup in my 98 civic coupe, b18c1 and it turns high 14s stock.
Old 12-18-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by civicnewb
why do you want a non vtec b18b for forced iduction? what are your reasons? i was going to go b18c
Its slightly more difficult to tune optimal performance out of a vtec motor, notice how I said slightly. There are a million ways around the typical lag that you would get after vtec kicks in, simply adjusting the vtec to hit at peak torque 4900 rpms usually completely eliminates the problem. Besides, the ems software you need will come with the ability to turn off vtec if you decide its to much of an interference.
Old 12-20-2010
Registered!!

actually im leaning to a b20b w/b16a head v-tec with turbo about 8.8:1 compression rate with a low compression forged piston and im putting it in a 90 integra rs thats already has a b18a
Old 12-20-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Your car transformed from a 95 civic to a 90 integra lol
Old 12-20-2010
Registered!!

no lol i just found it today while i was at work this guy is gonna be selling it for about 600 and its in pretty good shape its got so much potential with the right amount of time and money