Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver-n-black is an unknown quantity at this point
lowered?

I have a 94 civic ex. i bought it lowered but it needed struts all around. I have replaced the rear and it had a set of red springs on it don't know what brand or anything about them. I go to do the front and noticed they are alot shorter and are blue. The guy I bought it from told me he put coilovers on the front. But i don't see the adjustable sleeve. The car sits REALLY low in the front to the point the tires are toed in. The struts i bought are lotek shortys. i want to raise the car alittle bit which i'm hopeing the new struts will do i'm just worried about the springs. any help would be GREATLY appreciated
Old 02-24-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: lowered?

Struts do not set the ride height springs do that. Unless there Koni's with an adjustable perch. If there's no Adjusting collar then they're just regular lowering springs. There are rubber spacers you can get to stick under the spring to raise it up. It sounds like there are two different brands in there so I was buy New springs.
Old 02-25-2014
Registered!!

silver-n-black is an unknown quantity at this point

ok any suggestion for a good set of springs I see alot of Koni and I think they are called skunk2 that are reasonably priced
Old 02-25-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

For adjustability I would do Ground Control sleeves which will come with Eibach springs.

For just springs I would either do Eibach or Tein.
Old 06-11-2014
Registered!!

PhillySpeeds is an unknown quantity at this point

I've rocked Tein for a while. No complaints
Old 03-25-2015
Registered!!

Delsolino is an unknown quantity at this point

So my question to those that have replied is what is the best way to tell what the ride quality of a coilover kit is? I know what this guys is trying to show but it doesn't really give me a good idea how the coilovers actually ride.

Old 03-25-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

he have that compulsion to keep holding the shifter that makes me wonder what he usually tries to hold when he is not in the car. Note this is not a good way to drive, especially if you have only one hand on the wheel most of the time. bad for shifter bushings as well. bad for precision driving.

other than that, jittery ride, seem to be slower than stock suspension.