Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

no-name strut bars any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickhaldin is an unknown quantity at this point
no-name strut bars any good?

i was wondering if brand really meant anything for strut tower bars. i mean, logic is telling me that a 60 dollar piece of aluminum is going to do the same as a 150 dollar piece of aluminum...but ive been wrong many times before. i want to get a strut bar and i was probably going to go the generic/no-name route and didnt know if this is one of those areas to cut corners or not...any thoughts?
Old 01-26-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: no-name strut bars any good?

well there are many grades of metal, different designs (hollow vs solid) and one piece vs multi piece. the cheaper ones usually are much worse as far as quality goes. I paid $100 for my neuspeed bar and still have it in almost new condition many yrs later. stick with name brand and one piece design. strut bars can be hollow and still work so long as they are welded properly. neuspeed bar also mounts touching the rear of the bay so its not in the way of anything.
Old 01-26-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

but need to move one reservoir (easy).
and any piece that is pivoted will do nothing. have seem some built by sheets of metal that bends to the direction they are supposed to resist.... pfff... and they call them reinforcements and stiffening... bwaaahahaha!
like GB said.
Old 01-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickhaldin is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow!! Good to know...I would have thought a rigid bar would have been common sense:P so i guess neuspeed would be the way to go since i dont feel like relocating a bunch of stuff. Thanx alot guys!!
Old 01-27-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Neuspeed is good, probably the second best strut bar made for 7g civics, but the Megan racing one is inexpensive and it looks like it would do the job as well. Even though it isn't one piece.