Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Coupe Springs/Struts for a Hatchback?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RunsWithMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Coupe Springs/Struts for a Hatchback?

Heya, I'm new and pretty motor-challenged, and was wondering if the springs and or struts out of a 98 civic coupe would work in my 93 civic hatchback. The struts look different so I think I'm hooped there but would I be able to put the springs from the coupe onto the hatchback struts or is it just sized all wrong?
Old 06-05-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coupe Springs/Struts for a Hatchback?

why don't you just nab some springs made for you car?
Old 06-05-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

for what reason do you want to do that?
Old 06-05-2010
Registered!!

RunsWithMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I got these ones for cheap, 100$ for all 4 of them, when the wrecker wants 300$. My springs are toast from the previous owner. Wondering if these ones will fit or if I'm gona have to try and resell them.
Old 06-06-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RunsWithMonkey
I got these ones for cheap, 100$ for all 4 of them, when the wrecker wants 300$. My springs are toast from the previous owner. Wondering if these ones will fit or if I'm gona have to try and resell them.
OK. If you have currently stock springs, they are not really something that usually wears out, so I am assuming that you might have aftermarket.
I am not a 6th gen owner and do not know them very well, so first thing you should do is to check if the outside diameter of the springs are the same (fitting to the shocks and top mounts).
I am not sure if the springs have different rates in the sedan and hatch either, but if they different, they could behave differently at the limit (hatchs are more prone to oversteer than sedan/coupe), so not sure what it would do to the car.
Hopefully someone more knowleadgeable on the 6th gen will butt in here.
Old 06-07-2010
Registered!!

speeeedddddfrea is an unknown quantity at this point

from what i have read all 92-00 suspension are interchangeable.