I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Civic speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whatisthis is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic speakers

Hi, I was wondering if someone on here could tell me if these speakers are compatible with a 2000 civic (4 door sedan)? If they are can i just plug them into the same wires that are stock in the car?

The DP Audio 6" x 9" 3-Way 700W Max Power Factory Replacement Speakers fit in all cars and provide up to 700 watts of power. These are ideal for those who want to upgrade their sound system without blowing their budget. These slim line speakers are easy to install and will fit in almost any enclosure. Use them to replace your car's standard speakers and get more power plus crystal clear sound quality all in a sleek design.
6" x 9" 3-way speaker
700 watts peak power; 180 watts RMS
Sleek, slim line design
IMPP composite cone
PEI balanced dome tweeter
4 ohm impedance
92dB sensitivity
35Hz - 22kHz frequency response

Specifications
Model No.: DS699
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 6.55
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 9.5 x 6.5 x 3.5

Heres the link to them

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...#ProductDetail

Also here is another pair of speakers I was thinking of getting

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...dingMethod=rr&

Last edited by whatisthis; 04-10-2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: I had to pee really bad so I posted befre finishing incase my computer blew up while I was in the bathroom. thanks for caring
Old 04-12-2010
Registered!!

Cosmo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Civic speakers

I'd save up a little longer to get something better. Speakers that are $21 & $28 a pair are absolute bottom of the barrel crap. Just my $.02
Old 04-12-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

at least get the $40-50 pioneers at walmart, they are pretty decent.
Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

those will probably sound worse then stock and blow out after a weak at least get sony explode i cant believe i just said that lol.
Old 06-06-2010
Registered!!

keepinittc is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a look at crutchfield.com and find something around your price range on there... itll let you input what car your driving and show you specifically what will fit your car

i will say, your pretty much wasting your time and money with those speakers though, you can find good quality speakers for a few bucks more just about anywhere....
Old 06-09-2010
Registered!!

LVSL3PR is an unknown quantity at this point

Your car has 6.5in. speakers up front in the door panels. 6x9's in the rear deck Lid. Yes they will mount, its a pain to do it right..... so if you want cheat and mount them from underneath. DONT BUY SPEAKERS FROM WALMART!! THEY WONT EVER HANDLE 700W.
If they actually handle that power they should weigh alot more than 6.5lbs. 180W RMS? Do you have an amp too? If not, there is no way to efficiently power those speakers. Inefficiency>use of gain>distortion>blown speakers. save your money and dont buy speakers for less than about $80 a pair for something better than stock.
Old 06-17-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lowlife9
those will probably sound worse then stock and blow out after a weak at least get sony explode i cant believe i just said that lol.
LOL
or maybe even Dual XD

-barfs-

But my $.02 is :
Save 50 or so dollars to do a decent upgrade

Correct me if im incorrect, but 2000 is a 6th gen?

I know for sure my 7th gen were stock pioneers and they were alreadt pretty badass
I spent some time on craigslist till i found a pair of polk 6.5's for $50,
ghetto rigged it (with some speaker wire and adapters),
bought a mounting bracket (since my civic had the weirdest shaped speaker hole ever),
installed it, noticed a large difference in the hi/mid/low seperation, and clarity

------
If you really wanted to do an audio upgrade, prepare to spend about $150
otherwise, don't do it at all
bottom line

($150= 6.5's + 6x9's + Harness Adapters + Brackets)
Old 06-18-2010
Registered!!

sheela2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a Civic and like listening to music, you can’t fail to notice how poor the factory speakers are, and if you looked at the coupe speakers your probably asking how to change the rear speakers? I know I was – and when you read this you will probably think “there has to be an easier way!”. Well there isn’t, not without damaging the interior trim anyway. This is a big thumbs down to Honda’s design team, though they probably had a good reason for doing it this way (I hope!).

Here is a quick guide to on how to remove the rear speakers form a coupe – with pictures and FREE. The process may or may not be the same for 1992-1995 models, I haven’t seen one to compare.

Please do not be put off by this, it really is easy when you know how and the results from quality speakers are well worth the effort.
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheela2000
If you have a Civic and like listening to music, you can’t fail to notice how poor the factory speakers are, and if you looked at the coupe speakers your probably asking how to change the rear speakers? I know I was – and when you read this you will probably think “there has to be an easier way!”. Well there isn’t, not without damaging the interior trim anyway. This is a big thumbs down to Honda’s design team, though they probably had a good reason for doing it this way (I hope!).

Here is a quick guide to on how to remove the rear speakers form a coupe – with pictures and FREE. The process may or may not be the same for 1992-1995 models, I haven’t seen one to compare.

Please do not be put off by this, it really is easy when you know how and the results from quality speakers are well worth the effort.
7th Gen+ civics have polyproplene(? someone confirm this?) speakers which are better than the previous paper cone speakers in older generations
They are not the best, but I can hear a huge improvement between the old and new stock speakers

& the process of removing the rear deck speakers of the coupe looked complicated, and the fear of breaking clips was the only thing that set me back from doing it
However, after removing the rear deck once, it took me 20 mins, and now I can do it with my eyes closed, it's just that the fear of breaking something made me not want to take it apart.