Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Sunroof Repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Sunroof Repair

'95 EX coupe.

Sunroof came off track and deeply scratched paint near the rear two corners of the roof opening. The sunroof closes but doesn't seat properly. Also, the sunroof glass seal needs replacing. I lubed the tracks with silicone (safe for plastics and rubber) a month or so before it came off track so, not sure if that had anything to do with it. I have a feeling that the worn rubber seal may have more to do with it. Anyway, looking for input on how to remove the roof and what to look for or repair to get it working properly again.I found this video that may help:

Old 04-08-2019

Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Sunroof Repair

I found a fix ... closed the sunroof properly and removed the sunroof switch fuse. Problem solved..lol. No new glass seals available so if I decide in the future to fix it correctly I will have to buy a used glass with rubber seal included.
Old 03-19-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fr3akyMike is an unknown quantity at this point

So there no way to replace the rubber seal without buying a complete window? when i was replacing my glass the rubber seal disintegrated in my hand haven't been able to find a replacement.
Old 03-19-2022
Click Here

Received 1,155 Likes on 902 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fr3akyMike
So there no way to replace the rubber seal without buying a complete window? when i was replacing my glass the rubber seal disintegrated in my hand haven't been able to find a replacement.
That looks to be the case. You may get lucky and find a decent one in a junkyard and just be able to take the seal, but it doesn’t look like it’s available new.
Old 03-19-2022

I haven't tried repairing it since I posted that in 2019. I do remember searching online at that time for a new seal and couldn't find oem or aftermarket. For 5th gens ('92-'95) it's getting harder to find some types of parts.

Try this site for used parts: https://www.car-part.com/
use the drop down menu when searching "all areas/select an area" and select the state you live in.

There are several youtube vids showing sunroof removal.

Last edited by Wankenstein; 03-19-2022 at 04:36 PM.