Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Sunroof Repair

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Formerly, "The Dongerator"

HR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to behold
Sunroof Repair

'95 EX coupe.

Sunroof came off track and deeply scratched paint near the rear two corners of the roof opening. The sunroof closes but doesn't seat properly. Also, the sunroof glass seal needs replacing. I lubed the tracks with silicone (safe for plastics and rubber) a month or so before it came off track so, not sure if that had anything to do with it. I have a feeling that the worn rubber seal may have more to do with it. Anyway, looking for input on how to remove the roof and what to look for or repair to get it working properly again.I found this video that may help:

Old 1 Week Ago
Formerly, "The Dongerator"

HR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sunroof Repair

I found a fix ... closed the sunroof properly and removed the sunroof switch fuse. Problem solved..lol. No new glass seals available so if I decide in the future to fix it correctly I will have to buy a used glass with rubber seal included.