Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

My 1995 civic EX 1.6 sedan accelerates very slow

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda- is an unknown quantity at this point
My 1995 civic EX 1.6 sedan accelerates very slow

it like takes 1 minute to go from 0 to 20 miles per hour and 3 minutes to go to 60 miles per hour what is causing this issue and how do i fix the issue i dont want ot trade the car in as it has only 130k miles
Old 10-25-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: My 1995 civic EX 1.6 sedan accelerates very slow

Any CEL codes?
Manual or automatic transmission?
Misfires?
Old 12-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seamus O is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My 1995 civic EX 1.6 sedan accelerates very slow

Have you done all your maintenance?

Could be as simple as a clogged air filter, or bad spark plugs. But, it could also be a clogged catalytoc converter.

Do you have a vacuum gauge and access do service information? Test the intake manifold vacuum readings.