Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Engine Hose Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
colingordon is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine Hose Help!

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on here. Long story short is I have had my Civic EX 1.6 for almost two years and just about everything has been good to me so far.

However, I have recently had a mysterious coolant leak that has been dumping my coolant. I sort of narrowed it down to the rear left side of the motor (when standing at hood). I judged this from where it is dripping underneath when car is sitting.

I read it could be the Fast Idle Thermo Valvo o-rings. So I took the entire intake manifold off and decided to replace everything in that area, to 1. fix the problem 2. nib any future problems in the butt.

I have a few questions regarding my problem

1. Can you buy JUST the O-Rings for the FITV? I know you can buy the whole thing for $100+ but I would rather spent $2.00 on O-Rings.
2. There is a specific hose that I know where it goes to, but I want to replace it and I don't know where to buy it because I don't know what it does.

I will post pictures for reference. Thanks in advance for the help!

The picture below is the BOTTOM side of the manifold.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9180.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	89798  
Old 05-03-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Engine Hose Help!

I read it could be
There's a lot of things "it could be".
Before taking anything apart I would have searched for the true source of the leak using a pressure tester if needed, and mirror and flashlight if needed, or getting under the car to pinpoint an exact source of the leakage. Whatever it takes to not guess.

Kinda tough to do that now that you have it all apart.

The group of 3 seals pictured should be readily available once you know the HJonda part numbers.

You didn't give much info about your particular car so here's an official Honda parts catalog link for you to look up your own parts in (usually only shows retail prices)

http://estore.honda.com/

Here's a few Honda dealers with online genuine Honda parts catalogs, I'm sure there are many more and most sell online at wholesale prices

hondapartsnow
hondapartscheap
bkhondaparts
hondaautomotiveparts
.com/