Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Brake Light, A-arm bushing, and Vaccum Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sleeper87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake Light, A-arm bushing, and Vaccum Hoses

So i have a 1995 Honda Civic and for some reason the brake light stays on while driving, even though the hand brake is all the way down does anyone know what this may be from?

also in the same vehicle the a-arm bushing on the passenger side is bad and I need to replace it, I am one of those guys who likes to do it themselves but i have never done this before what would be the easiest way to do it.. or does anyone know of a website or something that will let me know how to replace it.

On same civic when I bought the vehicle i bought it as a project car and some of the vaccum hoses are disconnected or have never been hooked up does anyone one know how to do this... I know its kind of hard without actaully being here with the vehicle...
Old 02-27-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brake Light, A-arm bushing, and Vaccum Hoses

Brake light:
Brake fluid level sensor.
Disconnect the wires at the lid, start the car. See if that was what was keeping the light on.
Reconnect the wires.
See if the fluid is halfway (or lower) between MAX and MIN.
Fill it with DOT3 BRAKE FLUID.
If the fluid is FULL TO THE MAX LINE and the light is still on, see if the float is hollow plastic, and if it has partially filled with fluid. Replace it if it has done this.

The rest of the stuff you should get a service manual for.
Make sure it has the info you need before you buy.