Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

91 Civc SI: Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coreyoliseffect is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 91 Civc SI: Q&A

This is double post from the main forum. I missed the sub-forum completely. I figure that I will just make this a running thread as I pretty much consider my Civic a mobile project. Thanks ahead of time everyone!

Hello everyone! I have been buzzing around looking at the different articles that everyone has been posting searching for answers to my woes. Recently I stumbled across the DIY sections and saw the article about cleaning the FICV. I was interested in this thread because I am having some issues with my idle being steady. I recently adjusted the timing and that seemed to help but not solve the issue completely. As a side in case it matters I also have slow acceleration until about 3,000 RPM.

I attempted to clean the FICV today with no success. My FICV is not in the same location as the thread shows. It appears to be mounted further back on the throttle body. I could be wrong though as computers are my first hobby.

Any suggestions on what I should try?