Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicHeadd is an unknown quantity at this point
Idle problem

I own a 1995 honda civic

Idle keeps reving. It doesn't happen as soon as istart the car. After driving it about 10 minutes or after the engine is hot it begins to rev. Ive changed about every type of sensor that ithought was the issue (iac valve, sensors, gaskets, spark plug & wire tune up) nothing -____- .
Old 05-11-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Idle problem

Are there any codes(Check Engine Light on)? Checked for any hanging vacuum hoses? You may have a dirty Idle Air Control(IAC) valve. I would check for any vacuum leaks first though. That doesn't cost anything except a few minutes of your time.
Old 05-11-2011
Registered!!

No check engine light, no srs. & I've changed the iac valve as well. I'm beginning to think it might be an electrical problem.
Old 05-11-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Did you check for any vacuum leaks like I said?
Old 05-11-2011
Registered!!

Not yet, will do as soon as iget out of wrk. Thanks alot. Keep in touch
Old 05-11-2011
Registered!!

cmac93hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

I seem to have the same problem with my 93 civic hatch I put a port and polished intake manifold on and after I was done my car threw three codes. Tps cts and iacv I replaced cts and it took that and tps code away but left iacv. Replaced iacv with three diffrent ones still throws is. With it hooked up idel surges on cold starts but if I unplug it its fine. I leave it unplugged and while I'm driving if I'm at a stop light to long it will throw the code again and when it throw the code if I hold my rpms up to 1500 without the iacv hooked up it surges and as soon as I'm past 1500 its fine. I shut off my car and it goes away. Until I'm ideling for awhile. I've replaced everything I can think of even put a diffrent stock ecu in for awhile and it still throws the code. Anybody got any ideas