Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

d15b1 DPFI help! running & idling problems!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
d0wnShiFt is an unknown quantity at this point
d15b1 DPFI help! running & idling problems!

91 hatch dx
1.5l d15b1 DPFI

Ok so it threw code 14 at first while driving down the road, it sounded like it was sucking air but I wasnt going anywhere, it finally sputtered and died and threw code 14 and wouldnt start.

Towed it home and replaced the IAC valve which is code 14. Tried to start.. nothing.. got some starter fluid =) got it started, felt as if it was barely running and the IACV sounded like it was sputtering for air, died and threw code 10 and 16 and 14.

Replaced both fuel injectors (code 16) and the IAT sensor located on the runner (code 10). Replaced the IACV yet again... tried to start, same thing, barely running, missing, died.

Now if I get it started its idling a bit higher.. I press on the gas it dies almost every time, sometimes when its warmed up if I hold the gas down barely it revs up and down if I floor it, it kind of stalls and revs up and sometimes just dies.

Its giving me all kinds of problems... I am so lost on what to do.. someone please help.

Before this happened I dumped a small bottle of octane booster... but since then ive put tons of gas in it to hopefully flush it out. Its undrivable cuz it constantly dies on me and wont start. All grounds are good, im getting fuel and spark... i dont get it ugh its really messing with my job cuz its my DD right now. PLEASE HELP! could it be bad gas? or not enough gas when i put in the octane booster? its idling right now and ive been letting it idle for awhile to hopefully use up the bad gas/booster stuff. im really stuck and really need help.....

It sounds like its missing sometimes in the back... when its idling and I give it gas it dies instantly but doesnt throw a CEL... and then its kinda rough to start... is this bad gas or the octane stuff??? this really sucks ive tried everything and been tryin the past 2 weeks ugh im ready to torch this THING!

When I reset the ecu and it does throw a CEL it throws code 10, 14 and 16, is there something else wrong that is making these codes showup????

its a d15b1 DPFI 91 hatch dx... ive replaced the iat sensor, both injectors, iac sensor... i dont get it... I need a pro to really help me PLEASE. ill pay cash threw paypal for whoever helps me get it running like it was..... =(
Old 04-29-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: d15b1 DPFI help! running & idling problems!

Keep it to one thread.