Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Electric seatbelt problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackDogKW is an unknown quantity at this point
Electric seatbelt problem

ok. I am new here, so a little back story is in order. Last july I picked up a 1991 Honda Civic DX sedan. I needed a car with good mileage, and this rusted out shitbox civic was only $100. From the beginning, the car had an issue with the power seatbelt on the drivers side. it stayed stuck in the forward position, triggering the beep and the flashing idiot light, even with the shoulder belt hooked in. before, i could shut it up by driving with the door not closed all the way. however, a couple months back i hit a deer, and had to take a crowbar to my fender to get the drivers side door to open. ever since then the beeping from the seat belt warning has been nonstop. door open, door closed, shoulder belt hooked, shoulder belt unhooked, it doesnt seem to matter. i ever tried manually pulling the reciever into the back pposition, thinking this may help. it didnt, and the beeping is driving me absolutely batshit. the new motor for the shoulder belt is like 445 from the honda dealer. so i just want to clip the wire leadig to the beeper, or unhook it, or something. the people at the honda dealership would not help me with its location, citing some obscure federal regulation. can anyone give me the location of this beeper, and the wire i need to cut or unhook? or even what fuse i need to pull and what other features i will lose by yanking that fuse. i hope someone can help.